madbass

Another airbrush ??

I've read alot of posts on here, but I still have questions. I would like to know why, of the Iwata Eclipse series, the BS and CS (gravity feed) seem to be prefered. What about the SBS? Pros and cons? It seems more "cup" size versatile. What is the 1/8 oz. side feed cup, siphon or gravity fed?

I have a side feed Iwata Micron SB. It is a gravity feed brush. The idea is it will let you see over the top of your work with the paint cup to the side instead of looking over the top paint cup. You can use the paint cup on either side of the brush. It is an awesome brush, pricey but worth it.

Rod

I haven't heard any opinions on side feed brushes but they seem to be syphon brushes. Half and half? Quasi-syphon? Whatever. Gravity feed uses less paint to start shooting, less pressure to shoot an equivalent pattern, and it's easier to clean. I can do small shots with my HP-B by dripping 2 drops of paint into the cup. JMHO, the B size cup is just right for bass crankbaits. If I were doing crash helmets and gas tanks, a big cup would be better. As far as the Eclipse versus other brands and models, it's mostly about the size of the tip - .35 mm - which is in the sweet spot for an all purpose crankbait airbrush.

ps RJ, I posted without seeing yours.