xllund

Multiple Coats of Crystal Sheen

I usually wait 10 to 12 hours before rapplying the next coat. I have never wiped the baits down with anything. But if you were to do so I would not use Acetone, I would use rubbing alcohol. I think the packaging recommends this. I usually apply a coat around 8 or 9 am and reapply about the same time at night and let the baits spin all night.

Ub the tacky part sound's like maybe your in a cold enviroment ? Havent had a bubble prob. but Im running a torch under mine, some say the chemical reaction of the carbon monoxide does it(get 's rid of the bubbles) but I kind of think the heat make's the air expand in the bubble making it pop either way if you get to close with the torch you'll ruin the finish so keep the flame small and stay away from the bait 10-12" work's for me

Vmaxx

Once you get the hang of using Crystal Sheen I believe it to be the best finish for low production fellows like most of us. I only make about 300 baits a year at the most. It is more crack resistant than Devcon. After multiple coats it is also clearer than Devcon with the same amount of coats. Keep using it and be very , very sure to get it mixed well and evenly 1 to 1. Also be sure the room you are applying it in is at least 70 degrees. Cyystal Sheen rocks!!!!! :lol:

Columbus used Devcon. His turning motors kept burning up under the stress of the unequal weight of the three boats during the time required for drying Crystal Sheen. He went back to the Devcon, brushed on plenty, and hand turned them for about 30 minutes each and hung them to dry. The Santa Maria did develop a slight sag a few minutes into turning which he eliminated with his primitive but effective hand held hair dryer. The finish turned out pefectly and only one coat was necessary. Little Queenie Isabella was so impressed she approved funding for the expedition immediately, and the rest as they say, is history. Columbus said privately that he couldn't have done it without the Devcon and the special hardwood for the boats he obtained from some guy known locally as Skeeter. :wink: