ldzoller

chipping paint problem

All,

Love this site, I learn something new everyday. I am making spinnerbaits from heads I buy from Stamina. I love these heads, but after use my paint chips off. I use airbrush acrylic paints, rattle can paints, and then coat with Devcon (the 90 minute stuff). Baits look great, but after time will chip. Any suggestions on how to get better paint adhesion? I have tried cleaning the raw lead with white vinegar before painting but still get chips. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to start selling these and do not want dissatisfied customers coming back with chipped heads. Thanks.

IMHO, no finish is indestructible. I now use powder paint and devcon, but after bouncing SBs off of rocks and everything else I can cast in or on, the paint gets rough or chips.

I tried using rattle cans (haven't worked up to air brushing) before I learned about powder paint and can honestly say that powder paint gives me a stronger finish.

Sorry not much help, but try the PP as a base coat as rr316 mentioned and see if that works better for you.

Shawn