chubs

A few questions?

I have a bunch of hard baits that I dont use I would like to paint and modify them just to see what I could do.

What is the easiest way to get off the factory paint?

How can I cut and reshape the lip?

How can I bend the lip without breaking it off and if it does is there any way I can make a new one to replace it?

After trying just about everything, I use 220 sandpaper because it gives the most control. Solvents end up a mess in my experience and they will cloud the lip, and aren't really any faster. On a wood bait, be careful not to remove the finish down to raw wood. On baits where bouyancy is not a big issue, just scuff the existing finish with 400 grit and paint. You can reshape lips with a fine grit Dremel sanding drum. If you heat Lexan or plastic with a heat gun, you can manually bend it. If you use a flame, it usually ends up with soot in the lip. Yes, you can make a new lip out of polycarbonate (Lexan) or out of circuitboard (G-10 Garolite). Trace the old one on a piece of cardboard, cut it out and use it as a template for the new lip - or design your own. Cut the lip out with metal shears and sand down to the exact line with a Dremel sanding drum. It's pretty easy.