longhorn

Easy POP Production Mold

Since I was making a production mold of my new swim bait thought I'd take a few shots of the process I use. I know this is old stuff for most of you but there are a few that are new to this stuff and a picture explains so well.

Start by making as many "overpours" of your original as you need. Arrange them on a flat surface on the outline of your mold container.

Fill in the gaps with plastic to hold them together.

Tape down your container.

Add POP and you have a new production mold and also a new master for a production mold that can be used over and over.

Seal the mold with your coating of choice...mine is Elmer's Glue All.

I baked the mold last night and am going to flood it with Elmer's in a minute and expect it will be ready to pour in a couple hours.

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

CIMG0506.JPG

CIMG0511.JPG

CIMG0514.JPG

2370_thumb.attach

2371_thumb.attach

2372_thumb.attach

Thanks Longhorn!

I'm new and though much info can be found in the older topics this kind of posts are more then welcome. The pictures explain it so well.

In addition to your former post about this swimbait I would like to ask how the waxmodel came off the pop. Did you have to break the waxmodel to get it out of the mold?

I put the mold in the oven to melt the wax. It doesn't melt all at once so you have to pour out the wax two or three times before it all comes out. I always bake my molds for at least an hour at 325 or 350...thicker molds longer. The wax leaves no trace in the cavity and the Elmers sticks just fine.