Raw Worm

Worm melting pot mixer

Hello All,

I am new to TU and just had a question that maybe one of you guys could help me with. I have a Lee's melting for making worms. It is the larger one = to 20 lbs. lead melting pot. I was look for a inexpensive mixer so I dont have to mix it by hand. Where can i get something like that and what is it call.

Lee makes 2 types of melting pots one for lead and one for plastic, if you use the lead one to melt plastic you'll burn your the plastic because it has a different heat element inside that creates more heat. I use a lee pot and mix the plastic with a thin metal spoon upside down but I have to stirr very often when using salt and or glitter.

electric mixer is to fast you will need to build something that uses a rpm speed about between 80 and 100 rpm with a DC motor and speed control, I think this is the best way.

Some guy's use a drill press at the lowest speed but it will take a special size paddle bit that will match to lower speeds, if you do a search in the soft plastics for drill press or mixing you probably will find a bunch of way's