feason

lure holders

Hazmail where do you find the clamps that you attach to rcas your holders and spinning whhel are awesome what all do I need to make one like it.Or would you be interested in making and selling one.

Thanks ,

Jimmie Etter

Jimmie

I am not sure where you live, but "Radio Shack" is the go in US, or here 'Tandy' or 'Dick Smith Electronics' Ask for 'banana jacks' and 'sockets', they cost about 25c each ( even here).

pete

Maypo9715 posted this earlier in this topic:

I also like your idea of the Electrical Jacks. A nice modular kind of approach. You could even install a couple of these on the inside surface of you Paint Booth to hold your lure while painting or in between color changes. BTW I am familiar with these types of jacks and they are normally called Banana Jacks (RCA Jacks are the jacks usually seen on the back of a set of speakers). These are easy to find at Radio Shack (Expensive) or Mail Order (Cheap) from Allied, Newark or Digikey any many discount online stores.

Thanks,

Steve

From my electronics days, I remember radio shack as being VERY expensive. In the UK, every city has a couple of electronics components stores. They tend to be back street places, as they do not work the passing trade. Also, UK has Maplin, a good mail order shop and RS components, again very expensive but quality.

Your best bet is to find the back street leky shop. Good hunting!

Well, its about time you guys had to pay for something- try $7.99 a go for D2T, acid brushes $5.00 for 3, Iwata air brush $250.00 and up -Blah , Blah, Blah -

Sorry about that PBB, as Dave says, it may be worth looking around for a cheaper supplier- you have got me now I am going to jump in my car (Subaru Outback $46,000) and go down to Dick Smith Electronics and see how much they are (might even take a photo)- I'm sure they were about 25c each (50c a set), I'm a tight bast***, could not see me paying too much.pete

PBB- I'm back and you are right, 'Plug banana standard' (4mm) 56c and 'Socket banana plain' 4mm 50c, thats $1.06c a set, again I apologise for misleading you. Also I did not mention D2T cost me $8 postage so thats $11 a go, the petrol we just used to go to Dick Smith Electronics cost me $6.06 a gallon !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know now why you call it 'The land of the FREE'************* see web adress and search for "Plug Banana" etc, as above, they do mail order, and from a lot of experience, it should cost you about $8.00 postage

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.filereader?+EN/catalogs/CTG0005621

The set I just bought are both yellow. pete

I've been using one of these for painting my swimbaits. I was thinking of rigging up some of the X-acto harnesses on the tips for the heavier baits.

http://www.amazon.com/Xacto-X75170-X-tra-Hands-Magnifier/dp/B0006NDZR6

kb here just bought 4 of those extra hand holders at menards in there own brand "tool shop" tools they are $3.99 each there in a yellow box kb the ones at menards does not have the glasskb

PBB - yes the banana jacks are about the same size (dia) but I shortened the handles to about 2" before I glued them in the jack. I do get a bit of movement when turning, but this is because I squashed the ends of the Banana jack so it would fit easier - I do not recommend doing this, if you can, leave as is, so it will be a nice tight fit. pete

I do most of my painting without any hardware attached, so I use a slight variation of the x-acto knife holder. Instead of keeping the blade in the knife, I replaced it with the shaft of a long skinny nail. I then press the nail into the rear of the bait where my screw will eventually go. The compression of the nail will hold on to your wood while you do all your painting, and you can hold the handle of the knife in a vise or roll it behind a netting filter to add scales, etc.

When it's ready to dry, simply release the nail from the x-acto knife, and stick it into your drying wheel foam for turning/drying. Here's a quick image of my holder.

Hope that helps (although I have to say...I might switch to that RCA jack appraoch...it looks really good!!!)

lure_holder2.jpg

What is that circle in the background? It's a knitting hoop with cloth mesh stuck in it that I use for painting fish scales. I press/roll the bait along the back of the netting, while spraying through the front...and it creates a great scale effect. You can pick up those knitting hoops for $1 at most craft stores and it's an easy way to add scales to baits. :-)