Fairview

1st Baits With Powdered Paints

Hi, there. My name is Frank and live in the N. Texas area. I've been lurking on the site for a looong time, registered about a week ago. Through lurking and the search function, I can say I have amassed quite a good education. I've been making baits for a looong time but painting them by hand and or dipping. My options to progress was either move to an airbrush system or powdered paints. I opted for the powdered paints. As you can see, I have a tremendous learning curve to go through.

Things I learned from tonight.

Uniformity of application is important.

Left over 67 cent 1" Home Depot brushes probably aren't the best tool.

Less is more. If you think there isn't enough on it, there is already probably too much.

Any input to help me through the learning curve faster would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Frank

Also, I tried to upload my image from photbucket.com into the photos section but it would never work. Any suggestions on that would also be appreciated

lures.jpg

Frank,

Looks like the lurking is paying off. Those turned out nice. I am still learning as much as I can about powder painting and haven't attempted it yet.

You said, "Also, I tried to upload my image from photbucket.com into the photos section but it would never work. Any suggestions on that would also be appreciated"

While your on photobucket, the individual image has an option for "Direct Link" see atch'd link below, a yellow box appears sith "Copied" and you can past it in you post by holding the "Shift" key and striking the "Insert" key. It will look like the link below, but the text lacks color as add some before you finish your post.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/spike-a-pike/Musky%20Spinner/bucket1.jpg

Looking forward to your pixs...

Bruce

Also, I tried to upload my image from photbucket.com into the photos section but it would never work. Any suggestions on that would also be appreciated

This is the way I do it, if there's an easier way I'm not sure of it...

1. Upload pictures onto photobucket (This will resize it to an acceptable size)

2. I then take the pictures from there and save them back to my computer, I have a mac so I just click and drag it to my desktop, but you can also right click it and save image to a location of your choice.

3. Then I upload the appropriately re-sized image directly from my computer into the photos section.

Hope it helps, works for me!

The only reason for posting the method I did was because of a word a few days ago from one of the TU net admin guys about photos and server space filling up because folks are posting in the forum and not in the gallaries. By adding a hyper-link and not posting the actual photo, you can still illistrate the point without taking up file space.

What ever works...

Bruce