Jason May

Removing paint

I have a crankbait that I would like to remove the paint off. Or having someone remove the paint off of it. The trick is that it is a transparent Crank Bait, I would like to remove the paint without loosing the transparent look it has. How can I go about getting the paint off of it, so i can send it off to be repainted to what I want.

Thanks

Jason, most repainters will remove old paint if required as part of their process. When sanded with 400 grit, clear plastic becomes cloudy. But when you apply a clearcoat or translucent paint to the surface, the tiny scratches get filled in and the surface becomes transparent again - so no problem. Just be sure the sandpaper doesn't hit the lip.

Jason,

We can clear it out for you no problem. Although sanding works fine we use a small sand blaster that doesn't remove all of the detail such as scale patterns and gill plates. We then wipe the lure with a mild solvent which brings the clear back to life before we start painting.