Fleury9816

Donations: Casting Kids

Once again the Northern New York Bassmasters Federated & Club Team will be hosting a casting kids competition at the Ogdensburg Golden Dome during the Ogdensburg Expo, March 2008. I wrote last year and got one donation from the board, which is better than none!

This will be the second year we are embarking on this successful event. Last year we held one of the largest casting kids contests at the Expo running over 300 kids through the competition and sending the winners to the NY State competition, which two of our local kids actually won and went on to the Nationals in Florida! (link below)

We were able to collect donations from local tackle shops at Black Lake and the Ogdensburg community, and hand out tackle to each and every child who went through our program. Many children actually left with fishing poles we were able to collect from Shakespeare and the local Walrmart store.

We feel its a great way to get the kids involved and exposed to fishing and conservation of our waters, and give them some supplies that many of them would not be able to afford.

As we start even earlier this year getting prepared, I am once again asking that if anyone would like to donate any of their extra soft plastic baits so we can use them in the grab bags for the kids it would be greatly appreciated. I usually make a bunch up myself to donate and anyone who has tried anything like this before knows how hard it is to get donations, as our club members spend months attempting to get help from every company in the book and very few respond back with any type of help.

If you are interested you can send ANY TYPE of fishing supplies to us at:

NNYBM CLUB

Brad Paradis

300 Main Street

Ogdensburg, NY 13669

If you have any questions or need to contact me you can send me a PM or email me at paradisbrad@hotmail.com

Make sure to accompany any donations with a name and web address if you have one, I would be happy to post your businesses information as a sponsor for this event on our club site.

Thanks in advance

Brad Paradis

Club Secretary

http://northernnybassmastersclub.freehomepage.com/

Two of our kids we ran through last year won at the states and competed at the National Semifinals in Florida! Two kids from the same community!

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/bassmaster/youth/news/story?page=bass_CK_semis_10_29_07

Alright folks,

We are getting things ready for the casting kids for the Ogdensburg Expo. As I stated above we are asking for donations for any kind or quantity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The kids absolutely loved it last year and being able to give them tackle to leave with was a great experience.

A few people wanted me to let them know when we needed them. We will be meeting several times this month preparing for the event which is held March 28th - 30th.

If anyone is willing send to:

NNYBMII Club

Brad Paradis

300 Main St.

Ogdensburg, NY 13669

Also, please include any of your personal web sites addresses, as I will link them to our clubs website as a sponsor.

Thank you,

Brad

Everyone,

I appreciate the responses and the support.

The event is just 3 weeks away so send anything as soon as possible so we can get them bagged.

*Also, our club just received an award for supporting Youth Fishing from the NY State Bass Federation, our club director Jim Moore, can be seen in NY States Federation Nation magazine this month for last years casting kids event. Thanks everyone for being apart of it.

I will be sure to get everyones info up on our website as soon as I receive anything!

THANK YOU!

We have a new bass bait that we are currently mass producing and since you are a TU member, we would like to commit to 150 packs just let us know when you need them by.

Thanks for keeping them off the streets and on the water.

Mike & Angie Greene

ASAP. Event is in three weeks.

Thank you so much for the support

NNYBII

We have a meeting this Sat. and we will start to get our lure bags ready for the kids. All of you guys have helped us out a ton and the NNYBM Club really appreciates it. We can't thank you enough.

Once the event is completed later this month I will be sure to get some pictures up of the kids in competition and being given their fishing supplies.

Thanks!

-Brad