foulpole18

Aluminum and Chrome colors

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get waterbased paint in both these colors. Since it to cold to paint in the garage, I've moved to the basement and dont want to deal with the smells of the lacquers and such. Or if someone knows a certain rattle can the produces those colors I would be interested in that to.

thanks brian

Your best bet is foil or glitter, unless you want to try something like Caswell's plating in miniature. Anything you spray dulls under clearcoat--this has been discussed many times on TU.

I'm interested in this too someone in my area is painting chrome lures. They look like they've been plated in chrome. I've seen them at my local tackle shop. I don't know how he's doing it though. He's been repainting original rapala's and other lures. He chromes the whole lure including the lip. I've aslo seen his lures on ebay and he claims he has the only chrome lures.

The aluminum look can be had with createx auto-air 4100 series alum paint tho mostly used for a base coat under candy colors it doesnt look bad shot solo