Predator Bass Baits

3-D eyes, were to get? Black ?

17 posts in this topic

Thanks,

Yes I know I could make own but I really want 3-D

Yes Bravevipper, I seen them at hobby lobby and they were very reasonable and come in a bunch of different sizes.

When I do my black eyes on say a crawdad pattern all I do is spray the good old black createx on eyes that I have laying around.This works out fine for me and only takes a second.spray blow dry and stick em

Has anyone tried putting drops of epoxy onto self adhesive scale paper, and then cutting them out with an exacto knife? Seems like you could get just about any eye color and size you wanted.

I'm going to try it the next time I clearcoat something, and have epoxy left over.

3-D eyes, were do you guy's get them especially Black as Stamina does not have them.

Thanks.

Believe it or not this works for me. Depending on how many you need, but try this. Take an original 3d eye from Stamina, or wherever you got them from, and carefully peel off the colored foil back. Don't scratch the flat spot of the eye. Start a corner with a pointy exacto knife. Once you do you will have a clear 3d eye. Now I take black electrical tape, punch out the diameter you need, stick the black eye dot on your lure , and then put the 3d clear eye you just peeled off the backing over the black dot, and then epoxy it on. I use Devcon 2T. Believe it or not this saves a lot of money if you only want to do 5 or 10 lures (I do lead jigs), this way you don't have to buy all the different colors of eyes, in all different diameters. You can even do half and half color eyes, square eyes, cats eyes etc... The color varieties are endless.

Jim

Don’t know if you have Michael’s (art & craft store) but they carry wiggle eyes. The style 7572/6-VE-002 (55 pcs.) is 6 mm black round ball halves – cost is less than a buck. No adhesive on the back. Picked up 4 packs today.

The web site for the distributor creativityinc.com.