the greek

Chatterbait Help

I am having trouble getting these to swim or to do anything really. These are my first attempt at any type of chatterbait. I know the head I am am using probably doesn't help much but I had them on hand. I don't have the snaps in these as I just wanted to get a quick pic. When I swam these I tried using the blade {#3 colorado} both ways, with the convex side forward and the concave side forward. Both did the same thing, nothing. They came right up to the top and came in straight as an arrow. These are 1/4 oz heads and I was using a small duolock snap that left the blade very free to move as it wanted to. Would a heavier head be a solution? Do I need a bigger blade? Or are the colorado blades not going to work. I saw someone say they had success with them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

chttrblds_002_Custom_.jpg

I agree with Longhorn, I think the blade is not catching enough water and is just tilting forward and planing to the top like a sled. a larger blade might help or, you could drill your holes for the duo lock closer to the bottom hole. I made one by cutting a small willow leaf and I struggled with getting it to run right but once I figured out the bend it is fine. Yu can see a picture of it in the wire baits forum. go to search and type in Mini Swim you should find the article