Spike-A-Pike

TU Gathering April 25-27, 2008

I didn't mean to mis-lead anyone but I failed to mention that the pond pictured does not belong to Nathan. It is just a short ways away from his house. We do have permission to fish it though. He does have a pond but it is more like Dave described.

Gene

Bring some baits to swap, everyone likes to leave with a new

bait for their collection.

I need some help cooking for the fishfry Sat. night.

Gene and KC have already volunteered.

We will be having Redneck beer battered onion rings,

hushpuppies and fish. My new cooler holds 98 cans.

Believe me, when I say, you will wonder where the time went.

And you will leave Nathan's with tears in your eyes from

the new friendships you develop.

Bring some baits to swap, everyone likes to leave with a new

bait for their collection.

I need some help cooking for the fishfry Sat. night.

Gene and KC have already volunteered.

We will be having Redneck beer battered onion rings,

hushpuppies and fish. My new cooler holds 98 cans.

Believe me, when I say, you will wonder where the time went.

And you will leave Nathan's with tears in your eyes from

the new friendships you develop.

The baits are made and ready :yeah:

The menu has my approval

The cooler is just the ticket for me but what are the other guys gonna use for their beers :lol:

Got a PM from Nathan yesterday with directions and phone #s. Here goes.

East of Clinton on Hwy 7, about 6 miles out . . . . the address is:

75 NE 471 Rd.

Home: 660 885-9734 Call this # first.

Cell: 660 492-2613

If I understood it correctly, this address is on Hwy 7.

Hope this is of help to you.

See ya there!

I just got done checking fuel prices, locally in Belleville, IL it's $3.70 a gallon, in Fenton, MO it's about $3.46 a gallon, and in Clinton, MO gas is currently $3.33 a gallon. I wonder what the smallest tanker trailer would cost???

I don't know what route all you Tennessee guys are taking up, but if your coming through Illinois on Hwy 64 over into MO via Hwy 44, your going to need to reroute your trip a little because Hwy 44 is closed going through St. Louis. I would recommend the following route to get around St.Louis without any loss of time. This route is a minimum of 4 lanes, Hwy 255 is 6 lanes, 270 is at least 6, and in due time, Hwy 44 returns to 4 lanes.

Hwy44aroundStL.jpg

Edited by Spike-A-Pike

Bruce- Have been here for 2 days (KC) only got lost once on a feeway, yesterday. I pick up Phil at 7pm tonight and if we can find our way out of here, will be heading for Clinton - depending on customs and navigation, we should be there by 9, so see you all in the morning maybe. I am having trouble with my cell phone, but will try and ring Nathan . pete

Well, I just got a call from Jerry and he is in his rental car on his way to the meet. He might be there by now. I know he has his laptop so I want updates from time to time. I hope the shirts and hats got there o.k. and in time. I shipped them priority mail. Keep an eye on my man and don't let him fall and drown in the lake. I wish I could be there... Please take lots of pictures. Thanks to everyone for working so hard to make this meet happen. I know most of you had to travel along way to get there. AND I think most of all a big THANK YOU to our gracious hosts Nathan and Deb who have opend their home up to everyone for this meet.

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYONE!

Or me either!!

Am about 10 minutes from launch time. Weather was nice but windy. Cold front just busted through and dropped the temps about 10 degress and all of a sudden I'm looking for warmer clothing.

See y'all in about 4 hours.

Mrs.Redg8r,

In this part of the country they have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes, it'll change. This morning this part of the country was in the upper 70s and low 80s, by sundown, it felt like the temps had dropped into the lower 50s or upper 40s. This is a little late in the year for these low temps; must be all that "global warming" in reverse. I do have some pictures, but I'm too tired to post them with discriptions to do them justis. I think it's safe to say that everyone in attendence is having a whale of a good time. I think the event is likely to grow alittle in 2009. Well I'm about ready to drop off into nighty-night land. More later.