My head is on the block and ready for counting :yes:

philB

#22 beezerbassman

beezerbassman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:35 PM

nothing wrong with a kegger until it goes dry.

#23 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Site Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Just got word that Vodkaman will be attending as well..With him and PhilB this will truly be international!!..Can't tell you how excited I am too see old friends and meet "New" old friends..Nathan

#24 beezerbassman

beezerbassman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:16 PM

there is also one of the resorts like Bucksaw Marine they have a motel and only a few minutes east of Clinton. Price is 59.00 per night.

#25 reeves

reeves

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

I am planning on attending at least one of the days possibly more, all depends on the work load. Can't wait to meet everyone. Do I need a passport or one of those cheese hats? Bruce, you gonna wear yours?

#26 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

I've got to confess. That avatar I use is the imagination of a former co-worker, one of the best graphic artists I've had pleasure to work with. Between the two of us, we have done some pretty cool computer based training and simulation. It was almost impossible pilots to figure out if they were flying a television or an aircraft once we got them in side and taking off. He used to go to the Drudge Report several times a day and if there was anything interesting happening in the world, I would sometimes find myself in the photo of the event. I really don’t own a cheese-head (yet anyways).

I am getting a little old fashioned for that line of work, I believed the more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

#27 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:15 AM

To quote husky, "You need a picture, because nobody else would believe you"- what I am I committing myself to here? I'm keen, but what will the weekend entail ?????? 13,000 miles away I have to make plans, book things ???????????????????????pete

#28 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:51 AM

To quote Husky- "You need a picture, because nobody else would believe you"- I'm keen , but 13.000 miles away I need some details, whats the program??????????? I need to book Accomodation, cars, planes etc. pete

#29 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

Well Pete.

I don't know the total program, but let me tell you what I do know at this time.

I called the Hampton Inn Clinton, MO and inquired about getting a group discount. I was told that if we could get a minimum 10 room block, we could get the rooms for $70.00 a night… (about $10.00 off the regular rate) that would include the breakfast bar in the mornings, tea & coffee 24 hrs/day, swimming pool. This is a 2 Star rated accommodation out of a 4 star rating.

I also called the Best Western Colonial Motel about a group discount. No body answers the question. They advertise a rate of $63.00, but they don’t feature the breakfast bar or any extras. This accommodation is not rated.

In my opinion, the Hampton Inn Clinton, MO rate is the gov’t rate and I think it’s the better of the options in the Clinton area. We could all just pile into Vman’s Mini Cooper and get breakfast at Nathan and Debbie’s… Because there could well be 20, 30, 50 of us or more, I think we’d want to be there by 0430 to get everyone fed by 1030 to start lunch at 1100. (Can anyone else see Nathan reading this and his eyes just bugging out of his head, or is that just a me thing? LoL J)

On a serious note, if we want to get a lock on this rate, I need to get a firmer idea of many members plan on attending. To get this rolling, PM me with the number in your party.

#30 philB

philB

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

What might be a problem here Bruce is that folk will be staying different lengths of time, would that make a difference ?. I cant believe there are only two places to stay, are there not other smaller places pubs/bars, guest houses/ B&B's ect.

philB

#31 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thanks Bruce/Phil - The party, for me will be one, I am still trying to sort out flights etc - at this stage I am planning to come in through Vancouver (if possible) and then down to Kansas City, give me another week or so and I will have a definate answer. I am trying to break the direct to L.A flight (14 Hours) down a bit. pete

#32 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

Pete, you didn't hear it from me but whan I was stationed near Oceanside, CA, you normally flew in and out via LA (and I don't mean Lower Alabama). I haven't be LA since 1979 and don't think I've missed it.

Phil, try the following web sites:
http://hotel-guides.us/missouri/clinton-mo-hotels.html
http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.asp?dest=MO+Clinton
http://www.city-data.com/city/Clinton-Missouri.html

Clinton is under 10,000 poeple large. There is a third inn, but I can't get a "national" view of them. I don't think extra days would be a problem. My Point of Contact (POC) is a lady named Melissa.

Hampton Inn Clinton, MO
900 Kansas Avenue, Clinton, Missouri, USA 64735
Tel: +1-660-885-4488 Fax: +1-660-885-2946

As for rental cars from Kansas City International, try this:
http://res.worldairp...gi?src=10010673

I was told I can reserve a block of rooms now and any thing not comfirmed 21 days out they will release from that block. I'll find out if there is a specific method to making the actual reservation.

I DO NOT WANT YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO!!!!!

#33 philB

philB

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:31 PM

Hi All

Well fellas I booked my flight tonight so you'll have my company for sure :).

Looking forward to seeing you all in April

philB

#34 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

bruce- Vancouver is out 22-23 hr flight via Tokyo- San Fran is lookin good, only 14 hrs, stay for a day and on to Kansas City by Thurs. I am trying to work out weather to stay 3 weeks or 2, is there any tackle/boat /strip shows within 750m of Clinton @ this time of year, sorry to be a pain in the A, but, it's much simpler for you locals knowing whats on, I don't even know what is on the local TV tonight !! Know what you mean about LA, been there done that. pete

#35 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Bruce - thanks for all this reservation info - does not matter what I key in, there are no cars available at MKC airport, no problem though, I have a car rental rates pamphlet in my hot little hand and will suss it out when I get there. Thanks pete

#36 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:56 PM

Okay Pete. Let me see what I can find out. 750 miles is a large chunk of land. The Bass Pro Shop world headquarters is in Springfield, MO (boats and fishing) and I think they have a boat test system at Table Rock Lake near Branson, MO.

Was it you who had mentioned checking out some Civil War Battlefields.
645 miles from Clinton, MO there is Stones River National Battlefield: May 3-4, 2008 - Living history, “Nineteenth US Infantry,” programs and demonstrations at Stones River National Battlefield in Murfreesboro. Free www.nps.gov/stri

Civil war information http://www.civilwartraveler.com/events/05-08.html

#37 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

Bruce - yes, 750 m is a fair ride, should have said "Draw a line North and South through Kansas City and I have done all West of that, went to Bass Pro last time I was in Springfield, but may have another look, I can always buy another suitcase.
The Civil War thing sounds good (that was me)- thanks for the info Bruce, it's coming together this end, all I need is the leave (they owe me a year) and to find my passport. pete

#38 beezerbassman

beezerbassman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:05 AM

Pete just southwest of Springfield is Wilson Creek Battlefield it is not much but it is a battlefield and they say it was a very important battle. But I never heard of it until I moved here though. It is not Gettsburg but it is a battlefield that is close.

Mike

#39 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

Mike- thank's for that, I think that is the one we were looking for and got lost, last time I was in Springfield. I'm no boffin on this (cival War), I just think it was such a large part of your history - and so tragic, as they always are.pete

#40 beezerbassman

beezerbassman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

Well Pete your welcome if you need directions I can help you I only live 3 miles from the battlefield it does look like I will be there as of now no tournaments.

Mike