• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#161 ChampionBoatGuy

ChampionBoatGuy

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

Does anyone know how to get there? I've been through Clinton several times on my way to Truman or Branson, etc, etc. But once in Clinton, where do I go? I'll be coming in from 7 hwy. Help! I'm running out of time!

#162 reeves

reeves

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:01 PM

Got a PM from Nathan yesterday with directions and phone #s. Here goes.

East of Clinton on Hwy 7, about 6 miles out . . . . the address is:
75 NE 471 Rd.
Home: 660 885-9734 Call this # first.
Cell: 660 492-2613

If I understood it correctly, this address is on Hwy 7.
Hope this is of help to you.
See ya there!

#163 ChampionBoatGuy

ChampionBoatGuy

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

Sweet! See you guys there!

#164 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

I just got done checking fuel prices, locally in Belleville, IL it's $3.70 a gallon, in Fenton, MO it's about $3.46 a gallon, and in Clinton, MO gas is currently $3.33 a gallon. I wonder what the smallest tanker trailer would cost???

I don't know what route all you Tennessee guys are taking up, but if your coming through Illinois on Hwy 64 over into MO via Hwy 44, your going to need to reroute your trip a little because Hwy 44 is closed going through St. Louis. I would recommend the following route to get around St.Louis without any loss of time. This route is a minimum of 4 lanes, Hwy 255 is 6 lanes, 270 is at least 6, and in due time, Hwy 44 returns to 4 lanes.

Posted Image

Edited by Spike-A-Pike, 23 April 2008 - 12:15 PM.

#165 rofish

rofish

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

I hope you will not forget to post some pictures from the gathering.

#166 hazmail

hazmail

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

Bruce- Have been here for 2 days (KC) only got lost once on a feeway, yesterday. I pick up Phil at 7pm tonight and if we can find our way out of here, will be heading for Clinton - depending on customs and navigation, we should be there by 9, so see you all in the morning maybe. I am having trouble with my cell phone, but will try and ring Nathan . pete

#167 redg8r

redg8r

Founder

• TU Admin
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:42 AM

Good to hear!
I'll be arriving into KC (MCI) @ 3:00 PM
Southwest flight 802.

#168 mrs.redg8r

mrs.redg8r

• TU Admin
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

Well, I just got a call from Jerry and he is in his rental car on his way to the meet. He might be there by now. I know he has his laptop so I want updates from time to time. I hope the shirts and hats got there o.k. and in time. I shipped them priority mail. Keep an eye on my man and don't let him fall and drown in the lake. I wish I could be there... Please take lots of pictures. Thanks to everyone for working so hard to make this meet happen. I know most of you had to travel along way to get there. AND I think most of all a big THANK YOU to our gracious hosts Nathan and Deb who have opend their home up to everyone for this meet.

HAVE A GREAT TIME EVERYONE!

#169 JSC

JSC

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hope Yall have a great time .. Would really like to be there...

Keep us posted

JSC

#170 ChampionBoatGuy

ChampionBoatGuy

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Turkey hunting was a bust this morning, so now I'm on my way! Don't start without me!

#171 reeves

reeves

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:51 AM

Or me either!!

Am about 10 minutes from launch time. Weather was nice but windy. Cold front just busted through and dropped the temps about 10 degress and all of a sudden I'm looking for warmer clothing.

See y'all in about 4 hours.

#172 mrs.redg8r

mrs.redg8r

• TU Admin
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

Living here in Florida I guess I wasn't thinking. I should have made everyone sweat shirts instead of t-shirts.
I'll keep that in mind for next year.
Have fun guys!

#173 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:54 AM

Mrs.Redg8r,

In this part of the country they have a saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes, it'll change. This morning this part of the country was in the upper 70s and low 80s, by sundown, it felt like the temps had dropped into the lower 50s or upper 40s. This is a little late in the year for these low temps; must be all that "global warming" in reverse. I do have some pictures, but I'm too tired to post them with discriptions to do them justis. I think it's safe to say that everyone in attendence is having a whale of a good time. I think the event is likely to grow alittle in 2009. Well I'm about ready to drop off into nighty-night land. More later.

#174 beezerbassman

beezerbassman

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for the update Bruce. Keep us in form. I am hoping next year will I can work it into the schedule.

#175 Lure--Prof

Lure--Prof

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Wish I was there guys...very best wishes to all!
Dean

#176 Spike-A-Pike

Spike-A-Pike

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:57 AM

Well folks, it's 6:30 AM on the last day of the Tackleunderground.com Clinton, MO 2008 Meet and have never met such a great bunch of tackle juckies in my life. It looks like everyone is already trying to figure out how they will be rangling a ticket to the Tackleunderground.com 2009 Meet. I think we will be starting a new thread soon that will get us all to the pictures from TU Meet 2008. I want to be the first of what I'm sure will be long list of folks to thank our gracious hosts, Nathan and Debbie, for opening their harts and homes to all of us and making us all feel so welcome. My wife was a little worried and wondering has my crazy spouse gotten me into; until the gals made her feel like she had been coming to the TU Meets for years.

Posted Image

#177 dtrs5kprs

dtrs5kprs

TU Supporter

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

Howdy all...ran into Tim Hughes at Table Rock this week and he gave me the heads up on the meet. Spoke to Mrs. Nathan from the parking lot of Everharts in Clinton on my way back from the Rock...said everyone was out on a field trip of sorts. Had to run to beat the race traffic coming out of KS Speedway in KCK, so couldn't stick until you made it back. Hope everyone had a great time and safe travel.

Oh yeah...fishing is outstanding at the Rock right now. If you plastics guys are not puring a green pumpkin / blue blue flake laminate (Okeechobee Craw) you are way missing out.