Spike-A-Pike

TU Gathering April 25-27, 2008

Dave.

What's with you and the "sequins" thing... This must make at least the third thread with some kind of "sequins" comment. If you want to add sequins to your outfit, that’s up to you. But do we need to make such a grand production about sequins???

…And kick, two, three, and kick, two, three… You, in the sequins, pick up the pace and get in step…;)

And the fine art of fermentation of select gain, hops, pure water... ohhh, what about girls in thongs, Tackleunderground thongs... Would there even be enough fabric to spell out "Tackleunderground" on a thong??? Can we tank test them as well???

Maybe there is one of those bar and tattoo places in Clinton that Nathan can take us to where we can get some new ink applied??? I wonder if we can bond out on a signature bond or being out-of-towners, if we’ll have to put up a cash bond??? Nathan, can you tell us the local customs on such matters?

OR, maybe Phil is right about just sticking to fishing, lures, beer, and Tackleunderground thongs. I hope the weather isn’t too chilly, wouldn’t do to catch your death sitting pool side in a thong…

Thong, thong, thong, thong, thong, spam, thong, thong, thong!!!!

Mike.

That's a great question... If you see a join date of, let's see, pre 2007 and they say thier coming again, ask them for more info... I keep asking Nathan what he and Debbie want us to bring and I never get an answer. I have even asked (in my own round about way) if we need to bring money to post bond, information on local tattoo bars, etc., NOTHING

So I guess it's time for some I with a fresh approach to give it a go. I know the list of folks planning to attend keeps growing. If we need to add more rooms at the Hampton Inn, let me know.

I wonder how long this thread will be by April????

Hi Fellas

I thought for a moment that I might be sleeping rough on my first night in Clinton on the 24th April cos I had confirmed my arrival as the 25th by mistake so I emailed Melissa to request an alteration to the 24th for my booking. I received an email back today from the Hilton group saying it was not possible to alter dates and the 24th was not available :eek:.

So I dialled through to the Hampton Inn and lo and behold it was Melissa who answered my call. I explained my mistake and she has altered the date for me, TOP GIRL that Melissa is.

Anyways during our little chat I mentioned that when all the keggers were sunk and the lures had taken their last swim across the swimming pool a fella so far away from home could get a little lonely on a night and could she arrange for a local girl to drop by to paint my toenails. "Hampton guests satisfaction is paramount so no problem" was the reply so it looks like I'm well sorted :yay:.

Anyway being the thoughtful type I mentioned that I was not the only guy a long way from home and there were another two !! who might also be interested in having their toenails painted. Another Brit and an Aussie. I had to, in all fairness, mention about Dave's sequined thongs and stuff but she said all tastes were catered for, so that was Dave sorted out. I couldn't really understand what she was saying as regards Pete as she went on about 'downunders' and 'outbacks' and breathing in and out at the same time when blowing on a digeridoo so I just left it at that.

A funny thing at times is 'Life'

philB

Yes Phil I had a problem too, I was double booked for a week, but Melissa sorted it out no problem. I had thoughtes of ringing her, but have rung through orders to Cabelas and Bass pro in the past, and have spent half an hour having to spell out the items as the poor girls/guys cannot understand English!! I have had some inetresting conversations over the years, but any savings made by ordering there were outweighed by the cost/ duration of an international call, (I think they are free these days).

pete.

Phil and Pete.

Understanding Brit's and Aussie's is an acquired skill… I became proficient while listening to them on military radio. When anyone sending the message gets excited at all, it is difficult to understand what the others on the same communication links are saying. I think it’s amazing that Desert Shield and Desert Storm didn’t have any major friendly fire issues given the vast number of nationalities involved. Just the air space management for the combat area was incredible.

I think it;s easier to understand Brit's and Aussie's if I drink warm beer for a few hours first. How is it the British were able to get beer and spirits in Kuwait? I realize Britain oversaw foreign relations and defense for the ruling Kuwaiti AL-SABAH dynasty from 1899 until independence in 1961, but they're a Muslim nation. No drinky-drinky!!!

Actually, as well as my pink sequinned thong, I was going to bring my didge, but the thought of trying to convince the immigration officer that it was not a pipe for smoking illicit materials, has put me off.

Sorry, maybe I need to be older than 27 to get know this...........

What the hell is a didge? You're crazy.

On another serious note, Is there anything going on that we'd need advanced notice for? I'd really love to come down, not that I'd have much to show off, but it'd really be a thing where I'd know if I'd be able to do it a week or tow beforehand. I'd love to meet all you guys and see some of your lures in person, (and maybe in the meantime I could get a couple of my swimbaits in order) but money's somewhat tight and I just won't know in advance. Hopefully I'llbe able to make it out there, but we'll see.

Sorry, maybe I need to be older than 27 to get know this...........

What the hell is a didge? You're crazy.

A didge, more commonly known as didgeridoo, is an Aboriginal wind insturment with a warm mellow tone and vibrant harmonics. Aboriginal craftsmen create authentic didgeridoos from carefully chosen, naturally termite hollowed eucalyptus trees. Every didgeridoo is carefully sealed inside and out to preserve the instrument.

http://www.didgeridoostore.com/