rlcam

Glosscote/Lip design-Two part question

Read something about some lures are coated with either Glosscote or Glasscote.The glasscote is used in the dental field ,the glosscote is made by testors and comes in a spray can or bottle.Any one use either of these?Also seen some lures with the line tie in the bill(poly or lexan) and its not wire,it seems to be flat and looks like aluminum or stainless.Anyone know where to get these.Is there any particular reason to put the line tie in the bill as opposed to in the nose of the bait?...Thanks

Crankbait line tie positioning...

The closer that the line tie is to the front end of the bill of the crankbait, the looser the wiggle will be. Usually, a wide wobble is desired during the summer months.

The closer the line tie is to the body of the lure, the tighter the wiggle the crankbait will have. Generally, a tighter wobble is desired in early spring and late fall.

Does this help???

In addition to Bruces answer, to get down deep, you need a shovel on the front. If you put the tow eye behind, the lure will just roll over. By placing the eye just to the rear of the centre of the lip, a balance can be reached between the lip in front of the eye and the lip/body combo behind the eye.

All this lip gives you action and, if the right position is found (by trial and testing) and all the other variables are set correctly, the lure will dive deep.

Crankbait line tie positioning...

The closer that the line tie is to the front end of the bill of the crankbait, the looser the wiggle will be. Usually, a wide wobble is desired during the summer months.

The closer the line tie is to the body of the lure, the tighter the wiggle the crankbait will have. Generally, a tighter wobble is desired in early spring and late fall.

Does this help???

:huh: And I had to read this before my first cup of coffee this morning...Just the opposite is true; The closer the line-tie to the front of the bill, the tighter the wiggle.

Dean

Dean.

Your right... I wonder if someone accidentally put coffee in my coffee cup? In the future, if I can’t pop the top, I won’t drink it. Thanks for the assist, any way to make you believe this was just a Public Service Test of the TU site??? I picked a heck of a time to give up drinking……………

It's that RIGHT/LEFT BRAIN THING AGAIN.... OH NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce,

My first thought was that I'd picked a heckuva week to give up sniffing glue...then I thought it must be a test to see if anyone is paying attention...Well let me tell whomever planted this answer in your brain, by all that's righteous in the name of custom crankbaits, TU never sleeps! I know Bruce that you were "...only pawn in game of life" (Mongo).

Dean