knifemaker3

"Grab Hooks"

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've had time to do any lure building. It's good to be back at it again.

Years ago here in Missouri, you used to be able to find hooks for "grabbing" suckers. These were made with old bottle openers with large hooks brazed to them. Then the hook and opener were painted Blaze orange or white. You threw them into the river and when the sucker swam by you hooked them with the hook. It's soon going to be grabbing season again and I'd like to make up some hooks.

Does anyone know where I can find the openers or something similar? I really don't want to have to fabricate my own due to the extra cost and time involved.

Thanks! :yay:

Craig

Just saw the hook you are looking for at basspro shops online in the hooks section.

That's the ones. I need to know where I can buy the base so I can weld up my own to sell in my store.

Any idea on where I can buy them? I've tried before to fabricate my own with limited success. Just would be easier to find them premade like you used to be able too. The hooks I'll just buy from Shorty's.

Thanks!