21 replies to this topic

#21 mark poulson

mark poulson

Advanced Member

• TU Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,797 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for the info, the tape worked for the smaller bit, but I picked up a keyless chuck for the dremel yesterday. My lure kept sinking, so I thought I'd try to hollow it out before switching to a different wood. Just to see what happend. After I was done my lure was nothing but a hollow oak shell and it still sank with my through wire and hooks attached. It may work with just one hook, but that's not what I was trying to do. I think I'll just have to make it a bit fatter with balsa and it will work.

Man, how in the world do you hold that thing to shape it, not to mention just being able to see well enough to make something that small? Hat's off to you! :worship:

#22 Vodkaman

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts
Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:16 AM

Man, that is small :blink:

With lures that small, you could probably get away with using water bottle plastic. The curved section would increase the stiffness and if the concave side was forward, it would give more action by catching more water. The small length of lip combined with the curve section should allow the lip to keep its shape and not bend back. Try a piece in your hand and see what you think.