GARVINBASSMAN

scounger heads

13 posts in this topic

Looking to see if any one has info on where a person could find the bills used on these baits or how to make the bills for the scounger heads,thanks.

sworming hornet is also making a head now with these plastic/rubber bills.

Did a web search, could only find one reference, but no pics.

If you post a pic, members may be able to help you.

If you can't find them, you'll have to do it the hard way, glued paper templates and cut them out.

I assume you only want to make a few for yourself, so laser cutting a few thousand is out of the question.

First I saw of them was on the BFHP and they looked interesting but the price is a little off-putting. If they work well, rest assured somebody will come out with a copy in short order, just like with the Chatterbait. Until then, you'll probably have to home brew your own or pay the piper.

Try cutting some out of margarine tub tops, or old tupper ware tops. I don't know where you're going to get the jigheads with the grove all the way around them, but, once you have one, drill a hole in the plastic that's a little smaller than the head diameter, and try to slip it on from the hook side. If it's too tight, ream the hole a little, until you can force it on.

I have some old scroungers that I used to fish the salt with, and the bill is forced on so tight that it's cupped. Don't have a clue how they did it, maybe they heated them first, or put the bill on when the lead was still hot from the mold. Whatever, it worked.

Good luck.