rlcam

Here I go again/Photobucket

I can't figure out how to get my photos from Photobucket to the TU website, either in the gallery or in a post.

Mark, just (re?)read Hazmail's thread about uploading multiple pictures (now in page 2 of the threads). After reading it, I was able to post pictures in my recent thread. And my English is not the best in the world.

Thank you Rofish and Hazmail.

Here's a 5' bluegill airbrush

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/markpoulson_stevie/DSCN0290.jpg

Here's my drying wheel. Thank you Dean.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/markpoulson_stevie/DSCN0260.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s105/markpoulson_stevie/DSCN0262.jpg

I'm working on a couple of jointed baits. I'll post them when I'm finished.

I haven't had any success yet with any of them. Actually, I've only had a chance to throw two of them so far, other than to test their weighting and action before painting and clear coat.

I'll keep you posted. Late winter/early spring is when the bass eat stocked trout down here in SoCal, and that's when the trout glider bite kicks off. I made the bass lure for spawn/post spawn, but it should work soon, too.

The ideas for the gliders came from the Lunker Punker lures. Jeremy came up with the idea to make a super spook-type lure that glides, and it is a huge success. I just started making lures because I broke my buddy's 9" pupfish at Casitas one day, when a cast wound up on a mud bank and hit the only hard thing on it, a beer bottle. Poetic justice.

I bought him a Lunker Punker to replace the lure I broke.

I made my first glider to try to replace his Pupfish, not too successfully, and then I saw how well the Lunker Punker worked, and decided to try to make one for myself.

It's a blast, and beats sitting in front of the T.V., drinking beer. Barely.

Bruce,

Thanks for the kind words.

I made the wheels 14" in diameter, figuring the added size would help make up for the slower 1 rpm motor, and that I would have room for a lot of lures if I wanted. I did think that I could put another wheel on, too, if needed, because the whole rotating spit is almost three feet long. I put two concentric rings of eyebolts to attach my lures to, so I could, in theory, do sixteen lures at a time, but.......

I've found that I am clear coating the lures on the wheel, so it's not really practical to do more than four at a time. Plus, the Envirotex Lite does drip, so the fewer lures I have, the less chance of accidental dripping from one to another.

At first I worried about such big wheels, but then I realized that this motor is able to turn beef roasts, so a balanced 14" wheel should be no problem. I did put an intermediate support next to the wheel farthest from the motor, to take the sag out of the two part shaft.

The wheel works great, and I am now trying to coat a couple of jointed lures on it. I'll post photos, now that I know how (thanks everybody), as soon as I have them done.

Mark,sorry it took me so long to respond,haven't been able to get on the net here for three days.My job is definatly boring now,hardly no boats during the holidays.I have about went stir crazy,if I had agun I might have shot myself(in the leg) ;) .The bridge lifts all in one piece,straight up and down on a cable system with counterweights.Anytime we have to put on new crossties they have to add to the counterweights.If the wind gets to 39 mph or above,were not allowed to raise it.You wouldn't think that wind would move such a structure but it does move the lift span some what.In the winter the cables get tight and the tension has to be lessened.And in the summer they stretch and it has to be tigtened up by our maintenance crews.With all the 100 plus days we had this year we had to run a water line out on the bridge and keep the rail cooled down.I'm just filling in temporary on this job,my regular job is Bridge Foreman on Maintenance for all bridges and water ways on our Division.Didn't know I was going to get showed up with all those great pics of other bridges:lol: ....Robert

Robert, ALL bridges are impressive. Also, the picture of the arch that I posted, I had to do the wind speed and pressure loads for it. They were VERY scary numbers. It has passed the test and survived several storms in the 70 - 80mph. I calculated that it was good for 110 - 120. If the wind got up to that speed, I doubt anyone will be taking a stroll in the park!

Robert,

You know what they say, "First liar doesn't stand a chance".

Of course, I don't know who "they" are, but I do know that taking a picture of a bridge, no matter how beautiful, doesn't compare with actually working on one. Especially a draw/lift bridge.

Raise the drawbridge! To the walls!

Man, I'd be like a kid again, playing pirates.

Thanks for both the pictures, and the explanation.

Enjoy you job.

Take what you can, give nothing back! Haaarrr!!!!!