hazmail

Uploading Multiple Pictures

Good Job Pete!!! We'll have the best illustrated site on the inter-web at this rate... The thing that really adds file size to a picture is the format and pixels per inch (ppi). For most large format, text and photo combinations, this is the way to go. By putting your photos somewhere like PHOTOBUCKET and using a link to put them on TU, we save a ton of space on the old hard drive (aka: TU Server)

Do you always have to upload such multiple pictures from a URL, or is there a simpler way to do it? Is there any possibility that you browse your computer and upload pictures from it?

I can transform a JPEG picture into a picture in word format. Can you make your text as a word document, inserting word format pictures in it, then upload everything? Will the pictures appear?

The photo needs to be in photo host like photobucket.com. Your home pc isn't a recognized web site to post pictures from.

The photo posted below, my tribute to the over-Teched lure maker is posted off site in photobucket. The address listed is intentionally incorrect in order to show the photo IP address. I left the lead "[" bracket and the trailing (aka: Closing) "]" bracket off the address.

IMG]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj18/spike-a-pike/Goofy%20stuff/TUSuperPowerUser.jpg[/img

TUSuperPowerUser.jpg

How can you post photos without Photobucket? My daughter, IT expert in my house, says I'll be buried in spam if I open an account with them.

I've tried it through Microsoft paint but I couldn't get it to go, kind of like suspended fish.

I'm a little surprised the IT type hasn't heard of a "disposable e-mail address". The one you creat on free site with no intentions of ever actually using.

Mark.

It really depends on the photo. If it's something wild like my communication hub, I use a photohost to store it. If it's my prize lure that I've invested hours to perfect and want to post into the gallery, then I would simply post it the gallery.

If you can't post because the photo file size exceeds 500 kbs, then you may need to reduce the resolution from 1024 pixels to 640 pixels. Depending on photo format, the physical photo size may be reduced from 10 x 8 inch to a 5 x 4 inch photo. It’s part of that IT geek game… I didn’t mean to call any of our “Information Technology Technicians” GEEKS… Back away from the node… AAaaahhh!!