b75nweav

Airbrush tip

Broke the nozzle on my airbrush today. You know when you've got too many fumes in the room with you, you forget about righty tighty, lefty loosy. Took it off to clean some paint and just barley overtightened it and snap. Are these interchangable with other airbrushes. I have a capital 2006gf, great airbrush but I have to order and wait for parts. No one else carries them. Hobby lobby has tips for iwata, ithica, etc. Have not been there to check if they are interchangable, figured one of you would save me a trip.

b75nweav- sounds like you may need more than a nozzle. I have often thought they may be standard threads, but have never tried it. I would think Iwata would have their own threads(metric), but some of the generic brands may be the same. I know this is not much help, but I am 12000 miles away- if you do get a nozzle to fit, it would be a good idea to get a needle also, as the tapers may be different and you will be back to square one. Good luck and happy new year. pete

It's too late now, but I was given a great piece of advice by Kellure when I started airbrushing...to buy whatever brand I preferred, but make sure I can get the parts local. If this is a hobby you want to continue doing, you might want to save up and find another brush that you can get spare parts for locally. A good number of the 'off brand' brushes are copies of the name brands, as well. Once you get your new stuff, compare them to name brand parts, you might find that one fits.

On another note - I've had good luck with some places by calling them, and telling them i though that their shipping was way too high for what I was ordering, and some have lowered it for me. Doesn't always work, and you get a lot of handling explanations, but it's paid off for me over time. I always tell them that Priority Mail is $4.60, and the box is free, and I'll give them $5 for shipping :)

I started with a Badger 155 Anthem and still have it. Last month I got a little too frisky while cleaning it and took the needle bearing out. :( It wouldn't even shoot water.

I sent it back to Badger, told em what I'd done. They sent me a demo with new needle, tip, and nozzle free...FREE. I paid no shipping other than for the one I sent in for repair in a bubble envelope. PLUS, I had it back in exactly 7 days.

To me, you just can't beat service like that.:)

Terry - As you would probably realize, they are very good businessmen, this will pay them back 10 fold, even without your endorsement. Over the years you will probably buy a new brush in parts and repay them, good on them and we should support them.It's a bit different with the thieves around here. pete