stripercrazy

glider fundamentals question

there not as easy as they look:lol: :) I ripped down some cypress boards yesterday and got some scraps to play with...I started with two belly weights 6grams...a little smaller than the head of a 3/8 forester bit...floated nice tail down a little not much action it would glide one out of ten times:lol: noticed the head comming up so I put a bigger belly weight in the nose..1/2 forester bit head size..its got more action up and down and 2 out of ten times it glides, :lol::cry: my question is not how much weight to put in it, but if you cut it in half and if you take a ratio of wood floatation vs lead what half would be heaver...I'm looking at it like a spook kinda the tail drives the plug's action..fundamentaly is it the same with a glider....is the ratio of weight/floation more in the tail pushing the glide...again I'm not looking for a weight answer(like how much)just what you guys think fundamentally about gliders....just wondering why I never see thru wired ones thanks ed

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

glider1.JPG

glider2.JPG

glider3.JPG

2487_thumb.attach

2488_thumb.attach

2489_thumb.attach

bezyb...wow, nice site:) thats a great photo of a glider in that pike:worship: thanks for the help I'll sand the nose to go through the water better...best thing about bluefish is they'll hit anything that looks like a fish when there blitzing..if they don't get there first they don't eat...kinda makes plugbuilding easy...I'll mark the ones that don't work well and throw them into a blitze like the one in the photo:) thanks for ya help

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

bluefishblitze.JPG

2490_thumb.attach