Joeblue28

Circuit board crankbait bills.

30 posts in this topic

I got the lures today and the weird thing is that they did come with the yellow disclaimer but all of them are solid as a rock. :?They are pretty nice, so ill paint them and see how well they work. Then d2t and they should be set.

I have a couple that are harder to shift than others, but each lip has had side-to-side movement, just like the instructions say. Once they are painted and clearcoated though, it doesn't seem to be a problem. You just have to make sure they are lined up straight when they dry.

I have ordered a ton of those baits from Jann's and every single one of them have a loose bill. I use a loctite super glue to set them in place and than the top coat will seal the deal. I have never had a problem doing it this way. The bait has a nice action to it and has caught fish. Another thing that I have done is take the standard bill out and replace it with one of the other circuit bills. Go to the next size up and it makes for a nice bait.

That is a good idea, after I started to push on the baits they started to move. A couple didnt though. That is a great idea on replacing the lip! I will have to try that. How do you know if the bait is centered? Do you line it up with the middle of the line tie?

I use calipers to find the center of the bill and mark it. Then I line that up with the line tie. Just mess around with it and have fun. Let me know how this goes. I came up with some good ones. Also I would water sand the bait with 600 and then you can paint.

Mike