mo4packer

Rookie w/ Iwata eclipse and alton 6 gallon air compressor

Hey guys, I have read alot on here and I am still undecided on what approach to take. I recieved a Iwata ecclipse (gravity fed) for christmas. I have no hoses, regulators, etc. I do have a 2 hp/ 6 gallon air compressor. My question is; am I better of buying what is needed to use my ecclipse w/ my air compressor, or getting a starter kit with maybe a slighty cheaper air brush that includes everything and a smaller air compressor? Thanks in advance to all the responses!

Go PACK!

BIGGER IS BETTER!!! I have broke two small air compressors... I got a 33 Gallon Craftsman because I was tried of it.. But I paint alot of baits each week... If all your going to do is paint baits for yourself that 6 gallon tank should be ok.. but if your going to try and make a business out of it.. Get something that doesnt have to run much!! Its quieter too... If you have more questions pm me... OH YEAH!!!

GO COLTS!!! hope they play your PACK!!! #4 vs #18 would be a great game..

BIGGER IS BETTER!!!

That's what my wife keeps telling me.... Nothing to add about the subject line really, but I Just Had To Comment................

GO PACKERS, GO BRET, GO GREEN BAY...............:worship: :worship::worship:

Just for the record, Green Bay wants to beat the cowboys in dallas because the weather is a closer match to Superbowl stadium in AZ!!!

As long as noise is not a factor, a tool compressor is just as good (and cheaper) than an airbrush compressor. All you need are a moisture trap, a pressure gauge, a pressure regulator and the hose and fittings. I wouldn't trade that Iwata Eclipse for a cheaper airbrush!

The bigger the better, plus it can be used for air tools. Buy what you need for the Iwata to work on the big compressor.

The compressor I paint with can supply air to everyone on this forum and still be able to run a 8 bay mechanics garage and still not be over worked. Just make sure you have a trap/regulator.

As long as noise is not a factor, a tool compressor is just as good (and cheaper) than an airbrush compressor. All you need are a moisture trap, a pressure gauge, a pressure regulator and the hose and fittings. I wouldn't trade that Iwata Eclipse for a cheaper airbrush!
Nor would I trade that Eclipse! And you can use your compressor; however, airbrush compressors don't have to be expensive...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=93657

Stick that Iwata on this compressor and add some ready-to-use airbrush paint, and you are there. Carry and use anywhere. Check out the price Bob P!!!!! I paid $79 for mine, and could not be happier. Art Brush turned me on to these Harbor Freight airbrush compressors several years ago, and am glad he did, they are dependable, user-friendly, and flat-out perform. I wouldn't consider trading one of these for several of the lower-performance, but much more expensive "name" airbrush compressors currently on the market. They're inexpensive enough for most builders to simply keep around as an extra portable set-up, or as a back-up. Comes with a moisture trap, a pressure gauge, a pressure regulator, and the hose and fittings. IF you are concerned about longevity, buy the danged extended warranty! Did I say that this thing is a bargain? Plenty of pressure to shoot Createx pearls without thinning. Great for use in public demonstrations of your paint craft at outdoor shows, etc.

I'll stop now. :lol:

Dean

Maybe we should stop the lure painting altogether and follow the Nascar Circut from Track to Track this year. I know we could paint Dale Jr's new paint scheme on buses and campers with this handy dandy mobile compressor!! But believe If I bought one I would break it in about 2 months!!!!!! as far as the Nascar idea... I think this could be a good venture!!! Now all we need is a name for this new business.. finish this one off DEAN!!! You name it.. I will laugh..

Dean sent you in the right direction. Especially if you are just getting started.

My advice would be go with the Harbor Frieght compressor for starters.With this compressor outfit you would get all you need to hook up your brush and start painting (you need to buy paint of course) and with that sale price you cant find a beter deal.

If you decide to really start cranking out baits, then upgrade to a compressor that has a storage tank and quick recovery.I have one from Harbor frieght as well but use it only for portable use now.(show's, demonstrations)

The only draw back to these small compressors for me is that many times I am priming and basecoating 50 or more baits at a time and it just wont keep up.Thats when you will want to get a bigger one.

Regards,

Blades

You'll need a pressure regulator, water trap, and a good, flexible air hose.

You can probably find those things at a good hobby store that carries Iwata airbrushes. Google it.

Spend your money on a good setup to start with, since you already have a compressor. Air brushes don't take a lot of air, and operate at relatively low pressures, so getting the right setup to start with is important, so you can concentrate on learning to paint, not wrestling with your equipment.