bgcountry00

White powderpaint.

Tried out Pro-tec white powder today. hmm not to impressed anyone have any ideas for me. I am using dayopers fluid bed got the jigs warmed with my heat gun paint doesn't flow in the bed like the other colors heavy like and shoots paint all over my bench was covered. is the the paint or the color. brand new bed so the cup is not clogged

bgcountry,

Yes, white paint is one of the heaviest if not the heaviest color. It will work fine in the fluid bed but you will have to play with the valve to get the air flow just right. We use white alot in the fluid bed for the base coat on our ice jigs that we make. Start out with it closed and open it til it flows good. Give it a good stir in the bed when you first start. If you have any other questions, let me know. I will be glad to help.

Thanks,

Benjamin

Sorry, my first post here should have said that the white paint is one of the heaviest if not the heaviest of the powder paint colors.

Benjamin, I will have to agree with you totally on this. I am on a mission to find a really good white paint. I've had and used so far about 15 brands or more so far, and I'm not impressed with any of them. Yes the white is heavy, and does cause some problems.....My mission continues. When I find one, I will definitely psot it for all of the TU powder painters.

I try my best to keep up. I started doing this with my son (TJ, hence the name) as a way to spend more time with him and hopefully teach him a little financial responsibility. He has since gotten older and doesn't show too much interest in it anymore. Most items are made when I receive the order. I do keep a supply of the most requested items. My wife thinks I spend too much time on it, but I enjoy it. I also have a buddy of mine that helps me with alot of stuff.

Thanks,

Benjamin

I made my own fluid bed.......I found that with the heavier paint colors it's useful to use a little higher air pressure and a taller cup. You need to eb able to hold the jig and reach in further to paint it, but it seems to work better for me. Also, as dayooper said, it helps to stir the paint up in the cup at first. Sometimes the air will only get through in a few little spots (volcanoes) but if you stir it after turning on the pump it can eliminate this.

Glad someone touched this subject, I was wondering the same thing. I have found that not heating the lead heads as hot as other colors and using a paint brush works best. I drop some paint in a small pan push the brush down hard so it fans out and using a spinning motion mix the paint and tap it on. When it looks like the paint is not sticking to well I get a good finish. Return to the heat source as needed.This is not for production but does get the job done.

With white or pearl white I do pretty much what flippinfool does.

Not sure what dayooper uses for the screens in the cups but I use micro mesh screens in different pore sizes that seem to work out fine. I also mix my own white and pearl white. Mixing clear with white seemed to help some.