SMALLIEHUNTER

Hole in one tool

I believe he is referring to a hole in one skirt verses a standard skirt. A hole in one has the skirt collar, plus another collar. A standard skirt has just the standard collar.

I haven't made the hole in one's yet, but have made tons of the standard skirts. I would be interested in the answer to this one as well.

Tim

I think the Hole in One is made with the use of a machine. It has a 2 piece collar, inner and outer, and the strands lay side by side. Skirts Plus makes them for Terminator I believe and you are right, they won't give much information about how it is done. With Terminator everything is a big secret. It is a beautiful skirt and easy to use and interchange. If such a hand held tool does exist, I too would be very interested. I have some of these skirts in the shop, I think I will go and disect one to learn more about how it is assembled and let you know.

I made this one......and a couple others. I used the skirt umbrellas from Barlows. The problem is that one out of 4 or 5 would work. If you could make something out of some stiffer plastic it'd work better I think. I also did not glue them. Gluing might make it tougher too if you glue it beofre you cut the excess off of the umbrella.

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00891.jpg

I took one apart as well. Can't see any sign of any glue residue. It does appear to be fused like you said, possibly with a heat process. The outer collar is just a rubber skirt collar while the inner one is a soft plastic ring. Still, it's one heck of a nice skirt.

I agree, they probably won't tell you a thing about it, but it never hurts to ask. They are all made in Viet Nam anyway. The brains over there is Eric, try and chat with him, he seems to be a pretty nice guy to work with. Good luck and let us know how you do.