Luretrekker

Latest Swimbait project...

I was experimenting a lot with building some new lures the last weeks...one of these projects has learned swimming some days ago... :) it's finished now. Yeehaaw!

The swimbait measures 15 cm and weights 65 g. It is slow sinking and has a realistic S-swimming action.

As a special feature I built some soft fins. The tail fin can easily be replaced...

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

lure-2.jpg

lure2-1.jpg

2509_thumb.attach

2510_thumb.attach

This foam material is available in blocks or boards. It is relatively dense and durable...it is homogeneous there are different densities which is also an advantage compared to wood. I still need to find out how it is called. I don't know where to purchase it because I got it from somebody working with it in his job.

REALLY nice job on the lure! I'm also looking into creating a line of plastic baits to meet a different price point than my high end oak creations. I'm interested to learn more from anyone that has had solid plastic or expanded foam baits made.

I'm suprised more people don't use plastics etc for their hardbaits. Last night I experimented with carving from a block of Polyurethane that I cast. Not great to cut (handsaw...i don't have powertools) but it files and shapes well and sand to a very nice finish with even 150 size sandpaper.

Yes I posted it in the Gallery.

And I carved and sanded it from a very durable prototyping foam that doesn't soak any water...so there won't be any problems with rotting material due to pike teeth.

Does it float ?? How will it react to power tools used on it eg. routers and sanders ?? Also do you through wire the hook hangers or use screw eyes ?

philB

@PhilB: I buid it as a sinker to fish it on every depth I like. No problem with sanders, the biggest part was shaped with a sander, detail was carved. I built in a wire through construction, which was a very tricky prject for a three-joint bait ;-)

My first test fishings brought 3 northern pikes :-) I'd bet muskys would love it either

I'm gonna find out the name and post it

Looks like its a tooling board used in the cnc industry. I bet you could purchase something very close to it from Freeman Manufacturing and Supply company here in the U.S.

Hey Luretrekker nice work their and you should have plenty of sales with that. Could you post some detail like shore hardness of the material so if anyone wanted to try this product they would know they were getting the same, or close to the same stuff.

Here is one link, but I don't know if it is exactly the density of my stuff, although I think so, becuase every density has a different colour. There is floating and sinkink material available...weheras the sinking is more dense.

For most of my lures I used the floating orange colored density which is floating.

Here the link: http://www.modulor.de/shop/oxid.php/sid/x/shp/oxbaseshop/cl/details/cnid/TAI/anid/TAIJ

There are some specifications, but I sorry, it's not in english.

@Hawgydawg: The lure is about 15 cm (5,9 Inches?) thus I'd bet it should be also a yummy meal for big bass ;-) :)