338muskie

Air Brush Paint

This summer I picker up a Badger 155 air brush. At the time I also picked up some craft paint that was on sale. Its acrylic paint. Will it work in my airbrush? The type of paints are Craft Smart, Apple Barrel, Fork art and Americana. Will these types of paint wotk? Do I need to thin them befor useing them? Just new to this air brushing thing and don't know where to start with the paint.

Thanks 338Muskie. :huh:

Hey there, I've never used the type of air brush your using but I would definitely think most any paint will work if properly thinned. You need to thin the paint to a milk like consistancy. It has been my experience that every color needs to be thinned different. Its just a matter of trial and error and it won't be long once you try it out. Also the air pressure varies on different colors. Hands on is the best teacher. Once you give it a try you will be amazed at the different color combo's you will come up with. Usually when I get to the painting part I actually don't know ahead of time what color I am going to paint a lure unless its a custom order. The one thing that I can't express enough is to make sure to clean your airbrush very well after each and every use. I hope this helped you out and if you have anymore questions, feel free to email me or post away as there are alot of talented people on this site that are willing to help you out.

I dont have to thin much because I only use createx paint,but has anyone else had a problem with the createx opaque black seeming to be almost too thinned out of the bottle? I am curious because the black is the only createx color that I ever have problems with getting it to spray rite.:popcorn:

Yes, thin the hobby paint with water until it's the consistency of milk. If you get into painting more, you'll probably want to switch to paints formulated for airbrushes. They are thinner, have more finely ground pigments, and contain flow enhancers so they clog less and shoot more consistently. Cranker, I use a fine tip airbrush (.2 mm) so actually prefer black Createx! Turn down the pressure and use the finest tip you have.