Predator Bass Baits

My finished lure holder

Hey guy's, here is my design from bits and pieces from some of you here.

I used the CD disks, I drilled holes in 2 disks, the sockets below have the threaded socket ends with the nut, I took the sockets apart and put the plastic sleeve between the 2 disks

I got the banana plugs and jacks from

http://www.futurlec.com/Banana-BananaPlugs.shtml

MTSOCKB Black 4mm Panel Mount Socket $ 0.08

BNNB Black 4mm Banana Plugs $ 0.25

The exacto knifes would not fit in these so I found 2" alligator clips on ebay for $9 for 100 plus shipping.

The alligator clips need to be the 2" that has a plastic round end, then just shave a tad off so it fits deeper in the banana plug.

The motor I got was also a link from here but I would not recommend it as the shank is too short.

I got the pulley to connect to the motor from stamina and that was a cheap plastic thing that was not very good ( a set screw and plastic, OK ) so I had to drill the motor shaft and the pulley and put a bolt in to hold it.

This thing is sturdy and strong.

Plugs are easily removable and make nice dipping hollders as well, just stick in the socket and your done.

file.php?n=1799&w=l

file.php?n=1798&w=l

If anyone wants plastic for little projects I will give it too you for free, you just need to pay shipping.

I can sell you a little bottle of the weld-on glue.

The plastic is 3/8 thick and can be cut with a table saw or router.

Heck if you know what size pieces of plastic you want I will even cut it.

To get this stand shipped disassembled with glue, $10

( the glue is needed , others will not work and last )

Jim, I just couldn't get my head around those "tiny" alligator clips supporting that mush wieght. I remember running jumper cables in an old flight simulator computer room to trace opens and shorts in walls of cuircit boards. Those things always seemed to come off right when you didn't need them to. The early 60's was a scary time in computer history.

predator bass baits.....my sister use to work for a company that made display cases for stores with that same type of plastic, came in all kinds of colors. She made lots of cool things for her house like coffee tables/end tables/picture frames/reptile tanks/fish guess the list could just about be endless. I just may need to take you up on that offer do you take PAYPAL? and you are right on the glue as she made me a frame and when I dropped it I tried to repair it with super glue and it doesn't work well at all.

Just to give a update on how this worked,

The banana plugs turn inside the sockets as I suspected but someone here said they did not in his.

I ruined a couple killer looking lures when they stuck together when I turned my head, Dang-it.

Well I ended up gluing the pieces in place and they are not removable anymore but they are working great.

the alligator clips are working very well also.

Originally Posted by hazmail viewpost.gif

Jim, looks good , I like the idea of all plastic, the dust should not stick as it does to wood. HellRAISER, deserves a bit of kudos here too, for his original idea. Great workmanship Jim well done, what size lures do the clips hold? Pete.

My apologies to "Rofish", who had the original CD idea, got you two Euro guys mixed up. pete