seabasshunter3

Drying wheel question about power

I am not an electrical engineer and have a question. I have found a motor but I have a question about it. The motor that I found is about 4.8 RPM/120v/60hz (US specs). Now the power here in Japan is 100v/50hz now how much will this effect the RPM's of the motor. I know it must effect it some but I am guessing that it should still be fine? Thanks for any information that you all might be able to give me with this.:huh:

If you use Pred's method, you will have the revolutions per minute, or rpm.

I don't know how the lower voltage will affect the motor. When we have voltage drops on the job, it makes the tools run hotter, and, in severe cases, can overheat the windings. But that's on power tools, like skilsaws. Don't know about small motors with minimal load.

She's awake.

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=AK3PjkQAABd2R4YnPAxx5QwdHqU

This took me about an hour to make. I wound up reversing on of the rotisserie holders so I could tighten it from the outside once I've load my lures.

I coat the lures on the rack, and then turn it on.

For me, it's too hard to handle wet lures without screwing up the finish.

I guess I could make a dust cover. Instead, I just make sure that I do my coating last thing, turn on the rack, and carefully close the garage door. If it's really cold, I hit the lures with a hair dryer to make the Envirotex flow out, and then I leave the lights on to keep some heat going.

Hope this helps.

She's awake.

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=AK3PjkQAABd2R4YnPAxx5QwdHqU

This took me about an hour to make. I wound up reversing on of the rotisserie holders so I could tighten it from the outside once I've load my lures.

I guess I could make a dust cover. Instead, I just make sure that I do my coating last thing, turn on the rack, and carefully close the garage door. If it's really cold, I hit the lures with a hair dryer to make the Envirotex flow out, and then I leave the lights on to keep some heat going.

Hope this helps.

Would love to see it but yahoo said I was forbidden to access. Can you give another way to access?

Thanks

David

She's awake.

Hope this helps.

http://http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=AK3PjkQAABd2R4YnPAxx5QwdHqU

Just want to see if it's a coding error... It appears to an issue were the file isn't being shared... I still find that PhotoBucket is easy to just doesn't give me the problems other sites do

Seabasshunter3. I read through a few google searches. As far as I could determine, the speed is related to the frequency (Hz), therefore the motor should reduce to 4rpm. The problem is with the power, as stated by Mark.

Power =voltage sq / load.

Because of the reduction in voltage, this means that the reduction in available power is reduced by 100/144. This is a larger drop than just the ratio of the voltages.

You would think that if the voltage drops that the motor would be able to handle it easier as it was designed for a higher voltage.

All I can suggest is that you try it, but keep one finger on the kill switch and do not leave the motor unattended until you are very confident in its operation. You would think that with all the thousands of members, at least one would know about this stuff!

Bruce,

I posted it the same way I did on the other thread, which I think you were able to open. I think I must have left part of the address off of the first attempt in this thread. When I click on it I can open it. Maybe it's because my computer recognizes that it's me....I'm totally lost as to why.

Vodkaman,

Good advice. Seabasshunter3, watch the motor run for ten minutes, and keep a hand on it to see if the lower voltage is causing it to overheat. If it's uncomfortable to touch, turn it off. In motors with brushes and windings, low voltage can cause overheating, too. Don't ask me why it happens, that's for smarter folks than me. I just know from experience it happens.