338muskie

Drying Wheel ?????

I don't know all the design elements of a "weenie roster", but most of the ones I'm thinking of use hot water or steam to cook the hotdogs. Otherwise the weenies get dried out, don't they.

Would the fumes trapped in a confined space with a flamable vapor and a heating element be a concern? I would have to take a closer look at how a weenie roster is put together to comment in more detail.

I think the basic idea is good. I guess you could find a used roaster, disable the heating element, and modify it to hold lures for drying.

For me, it was a lot easier to just buy a rotisserie motor and spit kit from the local hardware store, and make my own out of plywood. I never considered covering it to keep dust off. DOH!

When my daughter wakes up, I'll try to post a picture. :o)

Wouldn't the lures stick to the rollers???????????? Could not resit it -- sounds good, should be the right speed, and I have just finished my FIRST "perfect" clear by putting it in a relativly dust proof coupboard. So as you say, you may have the perfect solution here, but as Mark says pull the element out - and use a low watt light bulb for heating, simple. pete