BrettD

General Painting Help

Well I suppose I'm sort of a noob when I comes to painting lures. I have previously been painting spinnerbaits with a crappy airbrush and model paint. I have now moved up to a badger paint brush and would like to start painting crankbaits. I have a few questions and I apologize if they are covered somewhere else on this website, if so I couldn't find them and please direct me toward them.

1. Where can I buy good lure paint for airbrushing?

2. What is the proper steps involved in painting a bare wood crankbait as far as base coats, layers, and clear coats are concerned?

3. Is there a general faq or resource for preparing and painting crankbaits.

This is my first post on here so I would like to say Hi to everybody.

Brett.

Welcome to the fray that is Tackleunderground. You're not the first and you'll not be the last to ask paint questions for crankbaits. Painting a Crankbait 101 I NEED HELP! on TU will get you started. There are some great painters around here and they don't mind helping, but you do need to read a little in order to ask a specific question.

After you first post a thread, a window titled Similar Threads will show up below the Quick Reply window that can also provide answer.

As you read some of these threads, you'll find a lot of questions being answered by the same group of guys, like fatfingers or damnpeoples. You can do searches on them to get a list of posts to and look at the titles of those posts.

There really is a wealth of information here. Take some time to learn to mine it.