Nathan

TU gathering motel info

A number of us are planning on staying at the Hampton Inn. I talked to a memeber of the staff and by requesting a block of rooms we can get a group discount of $70.00 per night, the regular rate is $78.00. That also includes thier breakfast bar in the morning. Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you hooked up.

Latest room information.:yay:

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 2:51 PM

To: Ann Kinyon

Subject: Tackleunderground members

Melissa

This is the message I plan to post:

Okay. Here is the word. At this time we have 10 rooms reserved at Hampton Inn Clinton, MO for Tackleunderground members at a cost of $70.00 per night. To put a room in your name, you can call direct at 660.885.4488 and talk with Melissa. For my international friends, you can provide your information via email to ann.kinyon@hilton.com. The dates requested are 25-27 April, however, I told Melissa that we had international members coming in that may require an additional day or two.

Please let me know if I am in error on any of the details. Thanks.

That sounds great. We will need for them to supply their credit card info at the time they make their reservations.

Thanks,

Melissa

LedHead.

The rooms that are reserved for TU were got to provide a central point of contact, get a $10.00 a night discount, and try to make life a little easier on members coming in from overseas. They have a total of 65 rooms, lets fill ‘em all if we can…

From what I've seen to date, it looks like Hazmail (aka: Pete), philB, and the Vodkaman (aka: Dave) and I are have reservations at the Comfort Inn. Informally, we have suggested discussions on fishing, lure and tackle making, fermentation methods, what the proper temperature is for drinking said malt, hops, grain beverages are all okay. Nail polish is still open for debate, I think…

I would also like to say that there are no set times for any activities or dinners or other "events". Nathan is our host and I defer to him and his wife, Deb. But, since nothing is carved in stone, I think we can discuss what we'd like to try and do with our time. I know one member is interested in seeing how a Musky spinner is put together, another member is brining a new lures to "tank test" in a swimming pool in the Clinton area. I have suggested to everyone that you bring a bucket of your best baits, lures, cranks, worms, etc., and show us some magic.

Back when Nathan mentioned that the TU meet was the last weekend in April, I began to find out more about past meets and have invited the senior members to share some stories and memories with all of us "Newbies". Last I heard, Jerry (redg8r) is planning to come, time permitting. I think I safely say that we want to observe all existing traditions and maybe, add a few more. This hopefully will be the start of many great new friendships.

First and foremost you will never meet finer individuals than Coley and Charlie. They were more than instrumental in success of the first two get togethers. And now that this get together is starting to gain some momentum, I sure would like to see them make it and have the opportunity to B.S. with the both of them again. In addition, they fix some of finest table fare your lips will ever meet, albeit from a trash can or not.