bigyen

Devcon Question

11 posts in this topic

I am in that same boat and have found it on EBAY.....some of the other places i found it would not ship to me overseas......that being said I have a question as to the one to purchase the 5 minute stuff or the slower drying stuff? thanks....

Seabasshunter,

5 min. epoxy to glue lips in, Devcon 2 ton (30 min.) for the topcoat. I have learned it from different threads here on TU.

If you click some of the related threads which you can find at the bottom of this page, you will get your answer.

Have you tried to order it from Wal-mart? I think that you can order on line and they will ship it to you. Not sure about that as I have three Wally Worlds within few min. drive. I do know they have both the 5-min and 2t.

David

Use ONLY the Devcon Two Ton for clearcoating. The 5 min variety is too fast and will not level out, plus it will yellow.

Glenn,

Have you trie dgoing on line to any of the hardware or home improvement stores? Ace Hardware... Lowes... Home Depot... etc. I am not sure about shipping to Canada but you may find it online........

Good Luck

BJ

:yes:I get it at walmart. Just bought 3 tubes today. Iam new to this stuff too and I want to thank everyone for the info on this stuff. Howevere you better have a way to spin your bait I used a rod building motor to spinn mine.

Does anyone repaint jerk baits? I have been trying but the Devcon makes them sink like a Rapala Countdown minnow and they are floaters! I have tried 3 coats of Rustolem Clear Coat and it is not durrable enough. If I need to thin the Devcon, how much. Thanks

Devcon Two Ton thins easily with a few drops of denatured alcohol or acetone. I mix the epoxy for 2 bass baits at room temperature, then dip my brush into the alcohol and flick in a few drops, and mix it in with a plastic strip from a credit card. You can dilute D2T up to about 50% and it will still cure into a smooth coating. The thinner the epoxy, the more you need to rotate the bait to prevent it from migrating to the tail. I use a flat 1/4" artist's brush for application. Clean it vigorously with the alcohol afterwards and it will last indefinitely. With a solvent added to the epoxy, it will make any solvent based colors such as a Sharpie, run.