Muskyman

Clear Coat/ Epoxy drying machine

Hi, does anyone know how to build their own drying machine?

I'm looking at building a drying machine that is inexpensive, easy to build & can hold up to 10 baits 22" long.

If anyone can give me a step by step breakdown on what to buy part wise & how to assemble it easily, I would be truly grateful.

Sincerely, The Muskyman

Here's my drying wheel. It's made from a rotisserie kit I got at the local hardware store.

My wheels are 14" diameter and, although I put in enough screw eyes for 8 lures at a time, I have only done 4 at a time so far.

If you're doing 10, I'd make the wheels at least 18" in diameter, to give you enought space between lures.

You can draw an 18" circle on a piece of plywood, lay out the lure eyes, and see the kind of spacing you'll have. Then you can adjust the spacing, or the wheel size, or both, without actually cutting the plywood.

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=ADHPjkQAAP1mR46u4gjnlBiguek&partid=4&f=818&fid=Inbox

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=ADHPjkQAAP1mR46u4gjnlBiguek&partid=2&f=818&fid=Inbox

It's really easy to make. I made the plywood box with a front and back to make it more rigid. The sides only need to be 1" higher that the radius of your wheels, but be sure your lures aren't so close to the edge of the wheel that they drag. You might want to make the sides a little higher to accomodate bigger lures.

The rotisserie motor came with mounting brackets, which I screwed onto the sides.

My kit's motor is 1 rpm, which is plenty. Remember, a larger wheel will have greater speed toward the outside edge, which is where your lures will be mounted.

I use large paper clips through the eye tie and tail hook hanger to attach the lures, bending them as I need to for different lengths. I mount the longest one first, and set the wheel spacing to that.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Here's my drying wheel. It's made from a rotisserie kit I got at the local hardware store.

My wheels are 14" diameter and, although I put in enough screw eyes for 8 lures at a time, I have only done 4 at a time so far.

If you're doing 10, I'd make the wheels at least 18" in diameter, to give you enought space between lures.

You can draw an 18" circle on a piece of plywood, lay out the lure eyes, and see the kind of spacing you'll have. Then you can adjust the spacing, or the wheel size, or both, without actually cutting the plywood.

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=ADHPjkQAAP1mR46u4gjnlBiguek&partid=4&f=818&fid=Inbox

http://thumbp2.mail.mud.yahoo.com/tn?sid=2101622168&mid=ADHPjkQAAP1mR46u4gjnlBiguek&partid=2&f=818&fid=Inbox

It's really easy to make. I made the plywood box with a front and back to make it more rigid. The sides only need to be 1" higher that the radius of your wheels, but be sure your lures aren't so close to the edge of the wheel that they drag. You might want to make the sides a little higher to accomodate bigger lures.

The rotisserie motor came with mounting brackets, which I screwed onto the sides.

My kit's motor is 1 rpm, which is plenty. Remember, a larger wheel will have greater speed toward the outside edge, which is where your lures will be mounted.

I use large paper clips through the eye tie and tail hook hanger to attach the lures, bending them as I need to for different lengths. I mount the longest one first, and set the wheel spacing to that.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Thanks very much for your help.

P.S.

Sorry but your links you supplied come up forbidden.