RiverMan

dust filters

Jed,

I have this one by Grizzly that is on wheels and works pretty well for router and dremmel. I bought it because it was mobile. There is a whole bunch of attachments for it also....

http://www.grizzly.com/products/1-HP-Light-Duty-Dust-Collector/G1163

By the way, your new swimbaits are really nice....

Rod

Jed, I have been looking for the same thing. Seems like I spend more time cleaning up than making lures !! I'm sure the grizzly is probably made better but harbor freight has one just over $80 that is also 1hp that I have thought about. The biggest mess is from my upside down router. Not sure if one of these would help or not...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94029

Cliff

www.alleycatlures.com

Jed.

Very nice looking bait and great presentation video. I think pike/musky guys are going to need a few of those swimbaits. Your site said more colors would be offered later. Can I ask what they're going to be?

Thanks

Jed.

I posted this about your new swinbait... No idea how it got here. Still like the bait; no ideas on the dust collection systems

All dust collectors are noisy. Try to put one outside the work area, and run a duct back in that you can branch off to different work areas, with manual gates to isolate the machine you're working with.

I know there are some pretty sophisticated automatic gates out there, and automatic switching that comes on when the machine comes on, but, for a garage shop, manual is much easier to install and use.

I made a dust collector out of two wall mount kitchen ventilators that I got off the job, VR1000 units, that I mounted high on my outside garage wall. They each move 1000 cubic feet of air per minute, and are much quieter than the commercial dust collectors.

I boxed in the corner with plywood and caulking, and cut out the bottom of the box to fit a plastic trash barrel for the dust collection. I used solid metal duct piping, 6" main line, branching to 4" at the table saw, radial arm saw, oscillating sander, and one over the main work table to vacuum up dust as needed. I used to do a lot of cabinet work in the garage, and this really took the saw dust out of the air.

Not hard to do. Don't over think it. If the ventilator fan moves air, it will suck up dust. Just make sure the duct terminates vertically with the outlet over the plastic trash can, and a screen and dust filter to keep any stuff from migrating back up to the exhaust fans.

And don't forget disposable dust masks. You don't need a respirator, just something to stop dust. Unless you're spraying solvent based paint.