KikenChiken

Holder for baits being painted

I cut a slot in a small piece of 2x4. The slot is the right width for the handles of hemostats to fit tightly enough that they'er stable but not too tight. You can pull the hemostats out and hold them to paint, and you can turn the block of wood any way you want. You can tilt the hemostats in the slot to any angle you want. You can basically clamp the bait in the hemostats and hold the bait at any angle you want for spraying.

took literally 30 seconds to make and as long as your baits aren't too heavy to hold this way, I can't think of a better way to hold a lure.

DSC00942.jpg

Here's some pics of one I just made. I used a "Helping hands" soldering station, dismantled it, drilled the main bar holder to accomodate an X-acto knife ( inthis case an Excel from Dick Blick). you can position it any way you want and the knife slides in and out easily. This way, you can use multiple knives. Just drill some holes in a piece of styrofoam or a block of wood to place the freshly painted lures with holder and you can change lures out pretty quickly.

Jay

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

Lure Holder 1.JPG

Lure Holder 2.JPG

2556_thumb.attach

2557_thumb.attach

I like Clamboni's idea.

A ton of stuff has been written on this subject. The following link was particularly productive of ideas.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11007&highlight=holders

One thing to consider is, do you just want to hold it just for painting, or do you want the clip(s) to stay on throughout the whole manufacturing process, including the drying wheel operation. If the lure is untouched by human hands, their is less likely to be any problems with paint adhesion etc.