Munkin

Pouring spoat for UR baits?

Well my first mold did not turn out so well mostly because of me but the new one looks great so far. My question is I want to do a thru wire with the weight attached to the wire. The last mold I tried putting the pour holes on top and setting the wireform inside. The bait did not completely pour and the frame did not stay in place. I fixed the pouring problem with more vents and larger pouring holes. Now I have used nails in the mold but have not cut any vents or pouring holes yet. Right now the plan is to pour from the bottom so the weight and frame will be hanging upside down. What does everone else do? and do you have a pic? I could just drill holes and add hardware like a wood bait but would much rather have the thru wire.

Allen

Update, I have poured a couple of baits (RC 1.5) with the Aluminite and microballons like was suggested. The bait turns out great but there is no way the bill will be strong enough. I just carved off the bill with a knife and plan on using a lexan one from Jann's. Figuring out how to weight the belly correctly is the next step going to try a 3/16oz finesse sinker? Now that I have the process down I just need to carve my one bait (or at least try to). Thanks again for everyone who posted the info on how to do this.

Allen

After positioning my thru wire it doesn't move. I then fill one half of the mold and then place the second half of the mold making sure the "keys" match up. At this point I turn the mold upright and lightly clamp. The foam of course settles to the bottom and then will expand filling the void.