plop

Tilapia

Plop,

Here's a talapia that I did a couple of years ago.

Where are you going in Mexico? I'm headed to Lake Guerrero in about three weeks.

Gene

Gene, have you used your tilapia in Mex.? And what date are you going to Guerrero? I'm goin to Huites on 18th. First trip to Mex. and I am so anxious. Would really like to catch one of those double digit bass, and that looks like a great pattern for 'em.

David

I did use my talapia there but I didn't have much luck with it. I don't know if it was the lure itself or the fact that we couldn't get a crankbait bite. I gave one to one of the owners of the hacienda and he caught fish on it a few weeks later.

We will be leaving on Feb. 14th and spend the night in Harlingen, TX. We will leave by charter flight the morning of the 15th and arrive at the hacienda about 10 or 10:30. We will fish that afternoon (Friday), Saturday, Sunday, & Monday and return on Tuesday the 19th.

This will be my 6th year. I haven't broke the double digits there yet (I have a 12 lber that I caught in Florida several years ago) but our group has had 3-10's & 1-11. My biggest is a 9-2. I caught it two years ago.

I don't know about Huites but at Guerrero we catch a lot of fish on watermelon/seed & watermelon/red Flukes and lizzards. White spinnerbaits also work great.

Gene