dampeoples

Lead Pliers

I don't know the correct term, but when I first started pouring lead, I got a pair of these from Barlow's, they had black handles, can't remember the brand or anything. I lost them when I moved last year, so I added a pair to my order when I picked up some stuff from Kim, and damn these things are nice! They've got orange(ish) handles, and are made by Xcelite. I get cleaner cuts with them too, a lot cleaner.

I do know that Barlow's carries a range of stuff, from cheap-ass to their German made tools, and I really do not know, or remember which model I bought, but these from Kim are really nice.

What have you guys bought that's really helped? I find myself only making one cut with these new pliers, the others I cut long ways, then again cross ways to get the cut clean enough for me.

This is what I use:Xuron Micro-Shear® Flush Cutters Micro-Shear Flush Cutters feature a patented design that keeps blades sharper longer than conventional nippers. Blade edges bypass each other in a shearing motion rather than striking, resulting in clean square cuts with no spikes. Blades stay sharper and last much longer than conventional nippers because there is no edge-to-edge impact. Greatly reduce mechanical shock delivered to components and require roughly 50% less effort to cut wire than conventional compression-type wire cutters. Have ergonomically shaped, nonslip Xuro-Rubber comfort grips. Made in USA.

1810208_150.jpg

Xuron Micro-Shear® Flush Cutters

Features elongated and tapered head with extra-tough high-carbon steel blades for cutting in high-density areas. Has nonprotruding flat return spring for excellent feel without excessive tension and glare-free black finish. Flush cuts soft wire up to 14 AWG (1.6mm). Jaw length: 12mm. Jaw width: 17mm. Measures 6" overall length.