Snax

Spraying other paints over Krylon???

Hi folks,

Has anyone sprayed water based paints over top of Krylon Fusion? Specifically I use Auto Air paints which can adhere to some plastics already but I want the best adhesion possible. If so, any tips or tricks I should know about?

I did call Krylon but the young fellow I spoke to didn't seem to believe that other paints would stick to it. I think he was new and didn't know what he was talking about though.

I use the probionate plastic dip method of sealing my baits so I want to use the White Krylon Fusion as the primer coats.

Thanks in advance!

2 nights ago I used white createx paint for primer over my sand slealer and painted over it last night with a can krylon for my base color and it looked like it worked for that. I'm new to this paint lure stuff but thats my :twocents: Snak. But I see your painting work is much bettter then my skill.

Thanks 338Muskie

Rod, I think Snax is asking how using water base paints on top of the Fusion works.

Dean

Thanks for clarifying Dean.

Yes, I'm curious as to how waterbased paints will adhere to the Fusion paint. I know it adheres well to most other paints but i wasn't sure if Krylon Fusion would cause any issues.

Snax

I also use the Krylon over Prop and after sanding lightly for adhesion purposes spray Createx. My concern was the same as you but, have'nt experienced any problems with it yet and I've been using it for months now. It just seemed to make sense.....plastic sealer.......plastic bonding primer.............DUH. :whistle: