clemmy

Oval or heavy split rings?

Just wondering if:

Worth oval split rings are the same as the other types such as Lucky Craft?

and/or

Rosco/Worth heavy split rings are same or different from Wolverine/Bucher/Stamina/Netcraft?hagens etc etc.

What I really want is to find the hightest strength to weight ratio for my cranks.

Thanks,

Clemmy

Just my opinion but, the only thing that would concern me about the oval spilt rings are you would definitely have to watch hook hanger placement so the hooks would'nt overlap and get hung up on each other. I had this problem once on one style bait and had to go to smaller split rings to solve it.

Other han that I love them (when I use them) on tow eyes.:yay:

I only use round split rings for my hooks. I'd be afraid that the oval rings might bind if they get sideways during the cast.

I use oval split rings on the line ties of my jerkbaits. I think it increases the action.

I don't know why, but I always seem to hang my line on the split when I'm tying on, so I have to go really slowly.

With regular split rings, I am in the habit of just turning them before I draw down the knot, but oval rings seem to reach out and grab my line.

But I still use them.

I like the oval rings on Lucky Craft baits but it's VERY easy to distort those suckers when installing or removing them. I stick with round rings because I don't see much practical advantage in the more expensive ovals. Stronger? Put on some 2X or 3X. The trebles will straighten before they fail.