Boskabouter

My first jerkbaits.

10 posts in this topic

After I made some softbaits I got interested in building hardbaits as well.

I finished my first one yesterday:

Foto-WYAQ8RLR.jpg

And another two this morning:

Foto-CBBCO8JR.jpg

This afternoon I took the first one out in the field to test it, it's okay :wink:

Foto-MCEPJHSE.jpg

Boskabouter.

That is just plain cruel, teasing that poor, old, near sighted pike like that. Those really turned out looking great and think your little friend agrees.

Thanx for the comments. This pike simply couldn't resist the pikecandy :)

Catching on your selfmade baits is awesome. These first jerkbaits are actually nothing fancy. I painted them the old school way with rattle cans. Takes some practice but you can still get nice results.

Hi Boskabouter

Great looking jerkbaits and even better that they work.

Keep on carvin

philB

Man I'm sure you don't wanna change weather.

It's one long autumn overhere from oktober to april. Hard wind and lots of rain. The seasons are really changing in the Netherlands (just like everywhere I guess). It's been ages since we had a real winter.

About the same here, 20 years ago we would get snow that would last for weeks and weeks and now we very seldom get any snow. This year the mountains actually have a substantial amount of snow, the first time in 5-10 years. We get our share of wind too, there are windmills on many of the ridge tops not far from me.

Jed V.

very good. its satisfying to catch fish on your own creations. and yes we are jealous here in canada. well its off to shovel snow again.

Great that you're baits work well. When I seen the first pick I was like Dang its bigger than that Horse :eek:. Thought you must really have some big fish over there and was ready to book a flight:lolhuh:.

Good job on your first ones.......You're Hooked !!!