Helmout

Products in Canada(quebec) hard to find(sandind sealer and more)

Hi all

I'm having problem finding product like devcon 2 ton or sanding sealer out here.

Can somebody give me the name and brand of many sanding sealer, paint, and top coat this way i will be able to ask for the right product when i go to the store.

I went to the exotic wood store, they have a lot of sanding sealer but no one is waterproof and the guy can't help me...

So if you have any products name,brand,store i can find them in canada (quebec) let me know

If it's more simple to order online and i got beter price give me some web site thx a lot.

From a fising addict :)

I,ve had a hard time finding stuff here as well [ontario] especially devcon 2. Finally found createx paint at michaels crafts store (didn,t know we had them in canada until a few weeks ago) it costs quite abit more than in the states i paid 5.99/2oz. luremaking.com sells a 2part epoxy for clear coating they,re own brand i think and macphersoncrafts.com sells envirotex/polymer epoxy. All these are in ontario so that might not help but if they are here chances are you can find them in quebec as well or at least have them shipped from here. Good Luck

getting articles thru customs is a pain. the best way thru, is mail its slow but they will only charge the g.s.t and a 5 dollar fee. if you ship a couriers as fed -ex. or u.p.s you will be hammered by brokerage fees. they are a complete rip-off.. ordering flammables as paints and thinners theres also another shipping cost for hazardous items..

Dumb Yank question.

Isn't Montreal Detroit adjacent?

I mean, can't you just drive across the border and buy what you need? Works the other way for prescription drugs.

Mark

it's a guess but Mtl to Toronto is 5 -6 hours, Toronto to Detroit has to be close to another 5 hours...now that's a drive :yeah:

Propionate will do a great job of sealing a bait for Musky fishing. Just a few more dips than would be used for bass bait and it will hold up as good as any of the other sealers if not better. Water-based paints will work great over this. After it is sealed, prep it the same way you would prep a plastic bait before painting. Then paint away.

I don't recommend propionate as a topcoat on water-based paints. As others have found out, solvent based paints and topcoats work best under water-based and not over them. If you were to want to use propionate as a topcoat, it would work good over lacquer paint if you shoot it with one or two coats of a lacquer clearcoat then dip it.

If you fish Musky or Pike you´ll need more than a few dips in propionate if you are gonna use some simple topcoat ,otherwise you´ll need epoxy or something like it.

If you look at Nils-Master lures & wooden Rapalas you´ll see that they dont have a topcoat they only use propionate for sealer&basecoat & it´s quite more than a few dips . There´s no problem to use Propionate as topcoat over waterbased paints

as long as you heatset the paint .

How do i know?

Well i use the same stuff they do & i´ve been doing so for over 8 years or more

Its not the Shore or Rockwell Hardness that is incompatible. It is the Acetone or Virgin Lacquer Thinner that causes problems with the other products.

If a particular paint that some one is using can stand a dip into straight Acetone, then there would not be any compatibility problems. I just don't recommend using it as a topcoat over water-based paints because some will fail and destroy their hard work. Some people have already found this out.

Hi, this company will have what your looking for and some. The company's name is Kidder & their prices are good & shipping is very fast & awesome.

Here's the link to their clear coats page. You can either order it on-line or phone it in. Hope this helps you out. http://www.kidder.ca/products.cfm?CatID=111

From a fellow Canuck-The Muskyman

Hi all

I'm having problem finding product like devcon 2 ton or sanding sealer out here.

Can somebody give me the name and brand of many sanding sealer, paint, and top coat this way i will be able to ask for the right product when i go to the store.

I went to the exotic wood store, they have a lot of sanding sealer but no one is waterproof and the guy can't help me...

So if you have any products name,brand,store i can find them in canada (quebec) let me know

If it's more simple to order online and i got beter price give me some web site thx a lot.

From a fising addict :)

Some quick question before ordering envirotex product.

1- for sealing my bait the product i should take from this company is ultra seal? but can i use quick dry lacquer?

2-Should a take envirotex lite or envirotex what the difference for musky bait.

3-With a 16 onz kit of envirotex how many musky bait size i can do?

4-Envirotex is beter than devon 2 ton for topcoat?????

http://www.kidder.ca/products.cfm?CatID=111

Thx all

Hi Helmout,

You'd want to use ULTRA SEAL 3.785 L to seal your wood first, with or without your print added on the wood or with just the paint on it. Because I make so many Muskie baits I buy the ULTRA SEAL 3.785 L size as you save big in the long run. After that you'll want to use the 2 part kit of EX-74. EX-74 is an extremely clear, tough, high gloss surface coating formulated to produce a deep glass like appearance in a single layer on a sealed surface. Two or more layers are often applied for added depth and protection. EX-74 has been formulated for improved UV resistance to reduce yellowing and surface degradation from UV exposure. EX-74 has an extended "open time" which allows up to 30 minutes in the mixing container at 70