Bogbaits

Clear Marine Polyurethane

No one has replied because probably no one has tried it! But believe me, people are interested. Don't get disheartened by the lack of response. I look forward to your findings.

Once you have it, you will need to do some comparison tests with the epoxy, to guage if it is better or not. PM me or post for ideas on how to procede. It is all down to how deep you want to get.

I tried Famowood Duratuff moisture cured poly before Dick Nite. The Duratuff was thicker. That turns out to be a disadvantage because it is more likely to pool somewhere on the bait and when that happens, it tends to bubble and blister the paint. The thinner, the better and DN is thin. The DN also has less tendency to begin curing in the can in my experience. The clearcoat is the last time you touch the bait during the build and if it screws up, it is the most frustrating. All said and done, Dick Nite is worth a few extra bucks to avoid the aggravation. You can dip finish a BUNCH of baits from one quart.