Kribman

Keep Epoxy

I apply Devcon in a cold garage and it cures right up. Devcon is on the ragged edge of being too thick to brush after 6-10 minutes at room temps. I just don't believe there's any way to stop the cure. Maybe at absolute zero? :) Epoxy generates it's own heat during curing and the larger the epoxy mass, the hotter the reaction. That's why guys spread it out on a sheet of aluminum foil after mixing.

No. It will get hard in 4 hrs if cured in a 100-120 degree environment like a heat box lined with foil with a few 100W bulbs inside. At 75 degrees it hardens in 6-8 hours. That's hard enough to touch and handle lightly, not hard enough to fish. A cold room retards the cure slightly. Regardless, epoxy takes about 24 hours to reach "initial cure" of about 90% and takes about a week to cure 100%. I'm like everyone, it would be great to get instant gratification. But it takes time whatever you do. After many baits, a few ruined and some with fingerprints in the clearcoat, you'll decide to be patient and let them hang for a day. If you're using Devcon Two Ton (not thinned with solvent) on bass baits, most consider a single coat sufficient. The stuff is pretty thick.