MuskyRuss

Musky baits

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys...Im new to the site...just wanted to drop in and show you some custom homemade foil musky baits ive done...Let me know what you think. Thanks MuskyRuss

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

bluegill.jpg

th_foilperch.jpg

th_foilcrappie.jpg

2629_thumb.attach

2630_thumb.attach

2631_thumb.attach

MuskyRuss,I have to agree w/Swede, thats bluegill is BEAUTIFUL, Im just a Rattle Can guy.doing SCALES is about the best Ive got. Going to try LARYING colors next.

GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN

Night Stawker Slammer.jpg

2633_thumb.attach

Russ-I like all of em, Question -what eats something this size? Must be bi suckers.

Salty- nothing wrong with yours also, like the color scheme.pete

Russ-I like all of em, Question -what eats something this size? Must be bi suckers.

pete

Pete

Esox masquinongy will eat those like there snack food. Maybe while you're in the states, you can get a chance to try your hand at Musky fishing. As for gear, do you have an 8 foot surf rod, med heavy. It'll be springtime in southern IL and the musky should be in a post spawn condition. I'll make you a couple of spinners to get you going. The lake I'm thinking of has a 48 inch minimum to be a leagle sized fish... and they have a nice full set of teeth.

What do ya think Pete, give it a go?

Bruce

Bruce - sound interesting, 48"! !!!, I had better start doing some push ups. We are booked for a days fishing on one of the lakes near Clinton with a guide, so maybe I will get a chance to sample these 'Musky', should be fun anyway.

Thanks for the offer of spinners, I might take you up on that, otherwise I think "Capt Someone" (forget his name) supplies all the hardware.pete

I have to agree with the others. The Bluegill is the better one by far. Very nice craftsmanship. :)

Pete.

Mo. has Muskys on Beautiful Lake Pomme de Terre 7,800 Acres of Muskie Water Just two hours south of Kansas City. I don't know if there are any other spots around Clinton that do or not. When one of those Big Girls hit on a spinner, it will take a moment or two to get the heart going again. I have about 6 to my credit to date and every time, it just gets the blood pumpin' into overdrive.